Added to the family of quads. My new 525

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the prop guys. And Justin I didn't expect you to like it. You hate everybody's quad. ;D

On the 525 they fixed a lot of the minor problems that the 500 had. They gusseted the sway bar more, the steering link in front is now made out of steel and a lot bigger. The radiator shroud now sits a little further away from the radiator so it does not rub on it.

I love the IRS. Before you form an opinion on IRS you need to spend some time on one. It is different from a single rear axle but I think this is a good thing. This thing corners like it is on rails. You can still slide it by just putting your weight a little more forward and kicking your ass over. But if you want it to hook up coming out of a corner you better be holding on because this thing will rocket out of a corner instead of slide out of a corner.

Jumping on this thing is a dream.

If anyone has any questions just ask.

Airtimeon525.jpg

what jump did you hit there? doesnt look like you hit that table, looks like its too far in the distance, and sure as hell doesnt look like you hit that single,

AND is it the "fastest accelerating stock quad??????????????????

Looks good i hate the plastics on those they should of changed them from the preditor, the front plastics look like sholder pads from the back.

hahaha my best friends dad just orderd my friend one, with white bros dual exhaust and shocks(can you say spoiled?), But yeah hes never ridden anything except automatic and the semi cluch things and nothing bigger then a 500. Is he going to die or what.

I don't know why that pic turned out like that. That is why I did not include it with the rest of them originally. I hit "auto fix" on my pic viewer and it brightened up the quad but not the background. It was a jump off of the tabletop.

2kwarrior asked-
"Does the IRS and the dual rear shocks give it a smoother ride in the back or stiffer?"

The duel shocks in back provide a much smoother ride. On a single rear axle if one tire hits a rock/bump the whole rear suspension jumps. On an IRS only the tire that hit the rock will jump and the other tire will stay flat on the ground putting down power. On off angle jumps with a sra the tire that hits the ground first will compress the rear shock and the other tire will not have any suspension left. With IRS even if you load up the shocks on one side the other side still has all of its rebound left for when it hits.

I have ridden a Predator and know those predators are fast as hell. But it has been a while and it is hard to say not ridding them back to back. Jeff Stroes did a review on the 525, he is a GNCC pro rider, and he said it is by far the fastest stock quad he has ridden and in the top 5 of modded race quads he has ridden.

I will pull out the radar gun once I get it broke in. As far as being fast there are several videos on Youtube with a stock 525 racing some stroked YFZ's, TRX's and Predators and beating them. Here is one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFr8JHCXuZ4

The looks are different, but I like it. Go to the dunes and everyone has a Raptor.

The looks are different, but I like it. Go to the dunes and everyone has a Raptor

Or a banshee...But props for getting something different,everyone around here eithers gets a yfz, trx, or 700 rappy.

Damn...i just watched the vid, if they were all equal riders then that 525 is wicked!!! My uncles talking about buying a 700 rappy this summer, Im going to try to convince him to get the 525 instead.

damn i wish i could afford one of those
They have a no payment till 2008 special going on right now, you could have it for at least a year before they reposses it. ;D

[quote:2xspl1ii]damn i wish i could afford one of those
They have a no payment till 2008 special going on right now, you could have it for at least a year before they reposses it. ;D[/quote:2xspl1ii]

HAHAHAHA!!! Spoken like a true American!

Someone canceled there order at a different dealership so my friend my be getting his outlaw quicker then once thought. Im so pumped do you think hes going to die, he doesnt ride clutch, all full out and semi auto, but i told him ill teach him(free rides for me ;D)

I'd be worried about that, just because if the thing doesn't get broken in right he's gonna have a bunch of problems with it later on. A rider just learning how to ride a clutch is probably going to be doing all the things you're not supposed to do during break-in. Maybe you can convince him to break it in for him a little before he starts riding it. At least half an hour or something if nothing else. ;D Maybe he won't like that idea, but that would be the best thing to do.

Yes, he will die. ;D

This is in no way a learning quad. It would be the last quad I would want to learn how to drive a clutch on. The hydraulic clutch is awesome on it so that part will be easy. But the power on this thing is unreal. It easily brings the front tires up in the first 3 gears. This KTM engine revs fast and pulls hard all the way up into the revs. It does not fall off after certain RPM's or have that powerband punch, it just pulls from the get go.

It is a very fast revving engine and you know how people learning to drive a clutch always seem to over-rev. If he dumps that clutch while revving this engine he will be an instant wheelie master, at least until his head hits the pavement.

Offer to let him learn on your 350 while you ride along side him on the 525. ;)

Latest posts

Back