A silly question.. air filter and box??? HELP

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorgirl

Reaction score
Hello all,

I noticed when i pulled the seat off this morning that the airbox lid is not screwed down properly and the original screws are not in it. Is this a problem if it is not sealed properly? Also how do i clean my air filter?

Thanks

if its not properly mounted, it will lean out (because some air will enter after the fliter) and allow dirt and dust to enter the motor. You will be better served if you buy aftermarket box (UM) or better still, talk to Duneracer Weston he sells a very good induction sistem.

Regarding the filter i clean my UNI filter with dishwasher soap... Let it dry real good and then i oil it with the right stuff

Ok thanks. So i had a good look at my air filter and it seems to be broken, the white plastic peices on each end are coming off. When i look up into the hose it connects to it looks really dirty. So im guessing i need a new airfilter. I dont know what type this one is, all it says is moose racing?? What filter should i get and can i just go down the road to the motorsports place and get it from there?

Also willi have to clean my carb again as the airfilter was not doing its job?

PULL ALL OF THAT OFF AND CLEAN IT. that dirt can destroy these motors. i have a foam filter do it once. as for filter, upgrade to something with a clamp on setup, or if you looking for more flow and power i can build you a intake. either way dont ride till thats fixed!

i agree.a dirty filer or cheep one "k&n"will ruin your motor.get a uni and after it get's alittle dirty clean it and re oil it.i clean mine with gas in a coffee jug and then use good filer oil.

pardon me, but K&N is NOT a cheap filter. A uni will fail long before a K&N. i know because ive had then fail. i run nothing but K&N and all my kits get K&N equipment. if you want a uni you buy it. Ask Pat, he has swapped form uni to K&N. he will agree, properly gleaned and greased. theres no beating them.

just my prefference. foam is NOT the way to go. EVER.

Ok cool. So i have stripped this thing to the frame. I got a new filter although they only gave me the foam part and i think the other part i have might be broken? Ill try and put it together and see if it will sit in there properly. Cant ride it anyway until the new intake boot arrives and i guess ill clean the carb again to be safe. This is all too much for a girl who is just learning lol. Im not sure what it is called but if that mesh bit and two white plastic pieces are broken ... where can i get them from?

That is the "filter frame", I think that is what the MFGs call em. The one white end piece goes on after the filter, and you will see that the hole in the center of it is rectangular, and fits over a rectangular stub on the mesh tube. Just slip it over and turn it to lock it on.

i agree.a dirty filer or cheep one "k&n"will ruin your motor.get a uni and after it get's alittle dirty clean it and re oil it.i clean mine with gas in a coffee jug and then use good filer oil.

pardon me, but K&N is NOT a cheap filter. A uni will fail long before a K&N. i know because ive had then fail. i run nothing but K&N and all my kits get K&N equipment. if you want a uni you buy it. Ask Pat, he has swapped form uni to K&N. he will agree, properly gleaned and greased. theres no beating them.

just my prefference. foam is NOT the way to go. EVER.

I used to think the same thing, however, after floating my bike in a mud hole at Hatfield back in April (Weston was there, too), my bike never missed a beat. There was mud on the outerwears lid, and in the air box. There was a good deal of it on the filter, and it NEVER penetrated the K&N filter. The inside of the filter was PERFECT. I only had to shake off the outerwears lid, let it dry; then, only had to tap the mud/water out of the filter against a stump. Held it over the end of Weston's muffler and he revved his engine to blow it out. Whipped out the airbox, put it back together and ran for another 6 hours that day. I did not intend for this to happen, but, I know a foam filter would have let the water in, and I would not have been able to clean it out, and deffinetly would not have been able to get it dry! Lol.

K&N filters are great!

Ok sorted all that out myself. Bike is now up and running :). Only thing is, chain is making funny noises whilst moving?

Back