'99 pics

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BeastlyWarrior228 said:
dang i wish my frame was that clean, also is that a trailer hitch??

yeah, it was taken really good care of by the 1st and 2nd owners. i try to keep it lookin' good too.

that is a trailer hitch. got it to pull our leaf sweeper or whatever its called. worked pretty good while pulling my friends timberwolf from the ditch over the weekend too.

Looks really really good! Awesome pic holmes! Think about shocks and protection next (under, swinger, cooler) Then digg into that engine. hahahah

I LOVE the look of the stock lights, old school baja style. But they are too dim and I like to have the light move with the bar movement instead, works out alot better cuz I actually do do a lot of night riding.

deadlastracing said:
Looks really really good! Awesome pic holmes! Think about shocks and protection next (under, swinger, cooler) Then digg into that engine. hahahah

thanks bisquik lol. shocks are next on the list courtesy of mr gasman. i think my cooler is protected just fine with the dg on the front. i decided against that frame guard for it. i may change the swinger skid later on, but right now the stocker is fine for the riding i do.

engine work will hopefully come around in the summer. still mulling over the topend componets i want or if i want to stroke it to a 400.

blkblzr01 said:
i guess i'm the only one here that likes the stock lights up top. lol
yea ive always liked em like that, the lights define the warrior imo. you've got one of my fav warriors for sure

very nice warrior.. and i agree the stock headlights are the magic in the look of these bikes... just wish they were better at illuminating hahah

I don't know if they make them anymore or not, but PIAA used to make legitimate enduro lights for the warrior that bolted into the original location, so you get the look of the big lights up top, and lights it all up like day.

new shocks:

100_0468.jpg

100_0469.jpg

you guys must think im a picture whore lol

missouritrailrider said:
sweet setgup man get them new?

nope, these are courtesy of gasman. he has started parting out his elite quad and i bought these off him.

Good stuff mang! What are they set up for and what do you weight though? Hope the difference is close or your still gunna be on pogo sticks or bottoming out a lot. You should take those bottom springs off and paint them yellow or black.

deadlastracing said:
Good stuff mang! What are they set up for and what do you weight though? Hope the difference is close or your still gunna be on pogo sticks or bottoming out a lot. You should take those bottom springs off and paint them yellow or black.

they were setup for 185lb xc according to bob(gasman) and i weigh 180 so no too much difference. my weight has been weird lately too fluctuating between 180-190 a lot. they ride damn good though. i took it off of a small ditch jump that i have behind my house and they didn't bottom out or feel too springy. thinking about getting his rear shock too, but haven't decided yet.

i'd love to paint or powdercoat the long spring yellow and the short one dark gray like the a-arms or plastics, but i have no idea how to take them apart. any ideas?

To remove the springs you'll need to remove the lower spring retainer. You probably don't have a spring compressor so the easiest way I found with my works shocks was with the shock off the quad have a friend push down on the top collar and compress the spring. See those little rows of grooves at the top of the shock body? Under that aluminum collar if you compress it far enough there will be a ring that you can remove, then the spring will slide up the shock body and you can get the retainer off and slide the spring off the body. Pay attention to which groove you take the ring off, because you'll need to put it back in the same one or it'll change the preload. This is pretty much the same way you can change preload on these shocks, if you find it sags too much or sits taller than it should you can move those rings to compensate some.

where can i get a tool to compress the springs? i do feel like it sits a little higher than i'd like and i don't have a friend that could help me with this and my cousin is in another state working so he's not available.

No friends? That's depressing. Any family that can help? Have a local auto parts store or harbor freight near by?

Back