98 warrior starting/running problem.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the solenoid clicks but the engine does not turn over, the stator has nothing to do with it. The stator is completely seperate from the starting system. Since you tapped the starter and it started up, your prob is deffinetly in the starter.

Barney

I also have a problem with starting.....never had any problems ever until now. A bit of trouble starting then OK for a short run then missed a few times then stopped and won't start at all ? any suggestions?

If the solenoid clicks but the engine does not turn over, the stator has nothing to do with it. The stator is completely seperate from the starting system. Since you tapped the starter and it started up, your prob is deffinetly in the starter.

huh? lol

I also have a problem with starting.....never had any problems ever until now. A bit of trouble starting then OK for a short run then missed a few times then stopped and won't start at all ? any suggestions?

did you read this whole thread? theres some solutions if your having the same prob im having.

Ok so I got my starter in put it on try to start it and still clicks....so I tapped on the solenoid and it started right up....guess ill go ahead and order one on those to.

Damn that sucks. Hope you didn't get a starter if you didn't need it. But, there could have been two issues.

Its all good. Its not like it was expensive and solenoid is pretty cheap so at least itll be 2 things I don't have to worry about. And with warriors having starting problems I don't mind replacing parts like this.

Put new solenoid in and now starts without problems (at least for now lol) thanks again for everyones help.

ok so yet another starting problem.....my buddy was just ridin it around the neighboorhood for about 5 mins and ran good then said it just died and wouldnt start. the starter switch is actin stupid, now you have to pull the clutch in hold the start button down and move the switch from off to run for it to work??? and its like it not getttin spark now? seems like its just flooding...i dont get this one bit it seems like i get it goin and then when it gets rode for 5 mins somethin happends. but if i start it in my garage and let it idle its fine. idk wtf this things problem is. makes no sense to me.

chances are that its a cracked wire some where start it in your garage and start moving the harness around wiggling all the plugs and see if it dies again

Last edited:
Had similar problems in the past - cut and sealed wire for the safety switch on the emergency break. Mine happened if it was dry or wet until a yamaha dealer told me what it was.

Back