95 rebuild started; Now, DONE (for now)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I don't really care about finish, as long as it sticks on and prevents that ugly rust. Did you use a primer?

DONT primer......the primer will not stand up to the heat, well at least that's what they say that it wont.....also it will cause discoloration...Im going to re-sell or trade it.

Hope to get the front end done and put the engine and electrical in tomorrow, possibly get it started, put the plastics one.......still haven't figured out what I'm going to do about my axle situation.....didn't do much over the weekend, its to cold and I was busy with the new dog...I'll post pics once I get this stuff done, then after the rear end comes together, this bike is a done..........for now.

Here's all I did last night...there is a follow up post in the images section titled custom rezzy covers
PC170075.jpg

PC170076.jpg

Party like a rockstar!

I guess my bros did some work on it yesterday, I think the wiring is done and the engine is in, I dunno yet, Ill post pic tom. if some advancement has been made, still don't have an axle though, but looking.

Heres what it look like as it sits now. I'm going to try and get it running tomorrow and finalize it all up. But it will still be lacking an axle for now.

PC260078.jpg

well i guess they got it running today while i was at work...it started up the first try and ran great. My friend really knows how to rebuild an engine.

I'm sooooooooo stoked that we got it running and It started right up with little help, All I need now is the axle and Im ready to roll....heres some pics....
PC280091.jpg

PC280088.jpg

I think it looks so bad ass from this view, the grill is a Maier with some spray painted white mesh that I rivited on
PC280087.jpg

people were askin about an update I got a durablue yesterday so this project is done.....for now until I get more money to spend on it, good thing tax season is around the bend, hopefully getting a fmf tomorrow as well....Ill post pic's once it complete.

Back