87 warrior project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And. remember that is a DIPSTICK. Meaning, unscrew it, pull it out, wipe it off, then DIP it back in. Don't screw it back in.

ok so top line without screwing it in. And will the oil cooler or lines drain back?

Just make sure to mount the cooler with the fitting point up (or upward angle) and that will hold the oil in it.

ok that's what i did and i figured it wouldn't drain, but was just curious about the lines as far as if they drain back then they will be empty and the oil level in the engine will be good but then when its running and lines get filled then the engine would be a little low. i don't know the lines probably don't hold that much.

well guys today was the day!! she LIVES!! and it runs great, but the carb is leaking a little from the side cover so that sucks but better that then something motor wise.

Good to hear! If it is leaking from the side cover, you probably need a new accel pump boot. Has to be gotten from Yamaha, and it's around $35.

well got the leaking stoped. but i still need to get it dialed in its running a little rich. i have a 150 main, 45 pilot, and needle on i think the 4 notch. i think i need to bump the needle back up a notch.

well got the leaking stoped. but i still need to get it dialed in its running a little rich. i have a 150 main, 45 pilot, and needle on i think the 4 notch. i think i need to bump the needle back up a notch.

How did you get the leak stopped?
I have the same problem.

How did you get the leak stopped?
I have the same problem.

well my carb sat for a while during my build, so i just took it a part cleaned everything and put it back together and that worked. but gen1pat said that it could be the accel pump boot, but the taking a part and cleaning fixed mine for now anyways.

ok so a little help for the jetting/tuning i have 150 main, 45 pilot, and needle clip on the 4 notch, and air/fuel screw 2 turns out. its running a little rich i think that it needs the needle clip moved back to the 3 notch. i would say its in the 1/4-3/4 throttle range. any suggestions?

I think factory is like 2 1/4 turns out id start there..then let Pat walk you threw it cuz im no help mine still isnt wright,,lol.

yeah i still got to mess with it but its getting there. its definitely different then it was before i tore it a part, but in a good way. i am loving it so far and just stoked to be able to ride it again.

here is some pics of how it looks right now.
1215131512a_zps9e768e35.jpg

1215131512_zps849f8807.jpg

1215131511b_zpse1f522ce.jpg

1215131511c_zps2010088b.jpg

1215131511a_zps08ee2acd.jpg

1215131511_zpsc4a7227b.jpg

then here is the direct shifter that i made from stock one.

1207131901_zpsbfd29797.jpg

Latest posts

Back