357 MAGNUM (02 motor build) Reincarnation of #5 The 357 build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems to be a bit lighter Weston
I have the adjusters all the way in too so eventually I'll need to pop a link off or mod the 1st gen swinger to fit the 2nd gen carrier and I think I wanna drop down to a 37 tooth

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Looks great! How many tooth sprocket do you run on the front?

and what size tires? I have 20" rear tires and a 14 tooth front but im not sure on the rear size. it feels like it tops out too quick and I find my self looking for another gear in 6sth. also I saw that you had a tach. whats the max rpm that I should rev it at?

Thanks I run a 14 up front and I run 18"-20" and 22" for tires just depends on what trails I'm gonna be riding and if it's dry or muddy determines what size I run
And yes I still try to shift into 7th from time to time Lol

Last edited:
As for max rev rpm I would keep it under 8,000 if your running a stock cast piston

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Ok thanks. Do you think my machine with the mods listed would pull a 15 tooth front?

I see where I scratched it when I slipped bending the tabs oh well its gonna get dirty anyways right

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Haha-- the only person who is gonna notice that is you! But i know how you feel.. Its gonna gnaw at ya even thou nobody would ever see it.

Thanks I run a 14 up front and I run 18"-20" and 22" for tires just depends on what trails I'm gonna be riding and if it's dry or muddy determines what size I run
And yes I still try to shift into 7th from time to time Lol

Lmao! I'm always looking for 7th gear too. Funny

with 20" tires on back it should have no problems with a 15 t front

Ok thanks I want to go a bit faster and still be able to do donuts and drift around the corners.

Last edited:
holy crap $18 for valve stems? those are SICK but what about just firing off four rounds and making some. where i ride i can find shells all day long. just jb or what have you over another valve stem for much cheaper.

Ed be careful if they are metal valve stem caps. I've had a set; 2 of em rusted & seized to the valve stem and I had to buy new valve stems. Couldn't get em off; one cracked the head of the stem right off

Holy crap never would've thought. I have some walmart specials on mine and those are plastic and rubber inside. Didn't know they came any other way

Polished aluminum def cool. I bought a set of skulls w red eyes from a truck stop for 8$ & they ended up rusting to the stems

Back