350 Wolverine.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds a lot like the property my family has in eastern WA.. 130 acres of trails, logging roads, clearings, fields, steep STEEP hills, mud, and creek crossings. We got some pretty cool neighboors each with at least 100 acres each and we also ride state land, and book it when anyone else is out there on wheels haha. Yeah, lots of power on the scrambler.. I'm prob going to lay down some $$$ on a good grizzly end of this year.. throw a winch on it, a rack for the chainsaw, and goooo.

This is the scrambler I bought my wife... I only paid $1500 for it.
I think it needs a mans touch, and I know what I would wanna do to it.
DeesScrambler.jpg

3 chains and 6 sprockets. No thankyou. Lol. But, they can be made to rip.
Yah it is a rather confusing set up.. lol
But it works!
I have some spare chains, and I service them after every outing. It hasn't let me down yet.

I was thinking about doing a sportsman hi/lo trans swap, and going with the shaft driven front. If I can find one cheap enuf?

I have no clue if it would work. Since you are into 2 strokes you could always get an older sportsman 400 4x4. One of THE wost things about polaris is the electronic BULLSHIT! lol

I have no clue if it would work. Since you are into 2 strokes you could always get an older sportsman 400 4x4. One of THE wost things about polaris is the electronic BULLSHIT! lol
Yah you can do it. I found a thread on a polaris forum that gave me the low down. (No pun intended) It's not a direct bolt in, but it's not a hard conversion either.
Most guys have done it to run bigger tires on their scramblers, and I wouldn't mind a have'n sportsman. But the scrambler is about 100lbs lighter, and it looks way cooler.

I had a sportsman come is with a broken motor mount one time. Destroyed the belt cover, front and back.

Ouch..
I know that Polaris's aren't the best machines out there, and they are prone to some nasty hiccups. But I'll ride mine till it flies apart, and get something else.
The wife wants a Kodiak 450, so I'll have to wait and see how this plays out?
I'm still try'n to talk her into letting me buy an older Wolverine. lol
I bet she would like it.

Dude you can't go wrong. Very dependable, and very strong. Parts are plentifull, and you can mod them. Worst part is that I've heard that the suspension is stiff. See if you can find one for here to ride, then make a descission. I'd like to get one.

Well I have always been a fan of the 2 valve Yami's.. I know a fair bit about them, and what I would wanna know is on here..
Thats why I would like to get one.

Hey guys..
I know that this was a dead thread, but I wanted to revisit it.

I have some questions pertaining to performance mods, and the compatibility between the Warrior parts fitting the Wolverine?

Some of you know that I'm still in the market to buy a new quad, and I was really after a cheap 2wd trail machine.
But after a chat with the wife, and some thinking. I have come to the serious conclusion that I "need" a 4x4..

With that being said, what parts off the Warrior motor would fit the Wolverine?
I know the internals of the motor are the same, but what about the exhaust?
Could I use an FCR carb on it?
Does anybody know much about the suspension on these quads?

If I buy one I want to build it into a sporty, corner hugg'n, trail ripper!!
Low, wide, and loud!

Anyone have some feedback to this..

everything on the top end will fit on a warrior. they have a semi auto trans so that is not interchangeable. exhaust systems if modded will fit. i think that the front shocks are the same as the warrior. you can use a fcr carb on it. thats bout it...

Well all I would really want is a cam, (probably a web) a good flow'n exhaust, and a HMF muffler.. I would look at a FCR carb if I could find one at a good price?

I would like to get some conformation about the shocks though...

the front shocks are the same as the warriors but with a stiffer spring. the cam would fit. and the exhaust is the same as the warriors. right down to the header i believe

the front shocks are the same as the warriors but with a stiffer spring. the cam would fit. and the exhaust is the same as the warriors. right down to the header i believe

Your sure about those shocks are ya? I wonder if a 660 rear shock would fit one then??
I was just thinking that a pair of HLS up front, and a bigger better shock out back, some rims with a better offset, and so on... Would help the handling a lot!!

I love the looks of that black one I posted at the start of the thread. But I could do better. lol

I think the head pipe on the Wolverine is different than a Warrior though? But HMF makes a slip on for the Wolverine anyway, and I could get a head pipe made if I really wanted to get fancy.

I would P&P the head, either a s1hc or web390, the megacycle 252x2 is probably the biggest that you will need. Idk about the shocks, but, if they are the same length as the warrior, why not throw a set of shees up front? Atleast try them out. The big bear crank will work, and using it with the 85mm JE will make a 405. You can swap out trans gears with the big bear, too, and get more top speed. But, that explanation is best left off for a wolverine forum. I'd atleast do the 85mm JE, one of the 3 cams above, P&P, exhaust, better intake, and maybe a carb. A perf CDI might not be a bad idea.

I would P&P the head, either a s1hc or web390, the megacycle 252x2 is probably the biggest that you will need. Idk about the shocks, but, if they are the same length as the warrior, why not throw a set of shees up front? Atleast try them out. The big bear crank will work, and using it with the 85mm JE will make a 405. You can swap out trans gears with the big bear, too, and get more top speed. But, that explanation is best left off for a wolverine forum. I'd atleast do the 85mm JE, one of the 3 cams above, P&P, exhaust, better intake, and maybe a carb. A perf CDI might not be a bad idea.
Oh yah I forgot about the megacycle cam..
Also I would be a bit worried about using Banshee shocks, because the Wolverine is so damn heavy! I would wanna go for a fully adjustable shock. But at a glance of the Wolverine shocks, they look quite a bit longer than a Warrior shock??

Anyway.
If..... I get a Wolverine. My main focus is gonna be on cutting weight.

Aluminum wheels may be your biggest weight saver. Many of them did not come with racks, so right there is a weight savings. Track down a warn 424 for it. That way you can unlock the front wheels and get full power to the rear. Btw, it'd be cool to throw the big bear crank and 85mm in it. Then you can run the 252x1 with better results. Lots you can do with them.

Progressicve suspension probably makes a shock for it. We have them on the front of dad's fourtrax and have no complaints. Not much we can do anyway, because they are the only aftermarket supplier for em.

Back