2002 366CC fresh install tuning questions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U mean accel pump warping? My 01 is backfiring every time I let off throttle from any position

No there is a diaphram in the side of the carb under the white cover. That is a fuel enritcher valve/diaphram. Mine was popping when I let off the gas too and that fixed it. Its not all that cheap though

Cool. Thnx. Will check mine. Was not ripped when I rebuilt but may have installed wrong/not sealed when it went back together.

As of right now, I can ride mine normal operating for what I can tell, as long as I want. It runs perfectly fine, I went trailing pretty hard yesterday. The only time it has issues is when I drag it. If you dump the gas and start flying through the power band, constantly full throttle, by the top of third gear it misses between gears and by 5th it falls on its face like I ran out of gas. At that point it runs like butthole all the way home (20 minute ride in the 2 times its done this)

It has that problem regardless if I let off the gas between gears or just keep on it.

As far as I can tell, yea. But I'll drain and clean anyways just in case.

Also, I tried switching to a 152 main which caused problems. So went down to a 147.5 and it runs the same as it did with the 150.

Pulled tank, cleaned it and petcock, replaced fuel line.

What do you know, **** is purring perfect now. Unfortunately, even with the 366cc, it's not fast enough for me. Most of the trails I ride around here have alot of high speed straights. So I'll probably use it until it sells.

Thanks for the help.

Pulled tank, cleaned it and petcock, replaced fuel line.

What do you know, **** is purring perfect now. Unfortunately, even with the 366cc, it's not fast enough for me. Most of the trails I ride around here have alot of high speed straights. So I'll probably use it until it sells.

Thanks for the help.

Did you take the peacock off ?? Or just ran some cleaner through it?

Alright so we have a pilot and needle position issue.

If you are crusing around at say 1/4 throttle and stab it does it lag? Or fall on its face? If it does move the clip on the needle down a notch. If problem gets worse go the opposite direction with the clip.

Now you mention "turning the screw" are you refuring to the idle or air fuel mixture screw?

Lets address the pilot issue.

To set the proper pilot size first crank it and let it idle about 10-15 min. Set a fan on it to blow on the motor to prevent overheating a fresh tight motor. Now after this pull the spark plug. We are looking for a dark brown on the ceramic of the plug. If its a light tan or white, back the a/f screw out 1/4-1 round depending on how far off color it is. Then re start procedure and reset idle. If you reach 3 turns out on the air fuel screw a larger pilot is required. If a larger pilot is required up the pilot one size, reset a/f screw to 1.5 turns out and repeat procedure.

You really need to address the pilot first then mover to the needle, then the main.

And, if what you mean by not being fast enough is top speed, not acceleration, gear it taller.

He just said "not fast enough". That could be mean, not enough top speed, or not enough acceleration. Some people want them to get up to speed fast, some want them to have a fast top speed. He never said which.

It's riding perfectly smooth now. I switched down to a 12t to help, still a little weak. I ride with a lot of yfz450, raptor7, kfx7, couple shees... The warriors body style and size fits me, I'm only 5' 10" 130lbs. But being left behind gets annoying lol. Especially when I'm making the most noise because this exhaust is loudddd.

Back