2-stroke IT490 motor swap

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All that I really have left to do is rejet the carb, and weld some spring hangers to the head pipe.
Of course theres a bunch of little things left as well, but those are the 2 major things I need to get this thing running.

The 465 kicker is a bit short, and it's a chore to kick it over. But it does work.
I'm super stoked to get this thing out for a rip, it's been to long in the make'n.. lol

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay on updating this quads status. I know a lot of people are curious about it.
So I do have it running, but I don't have a cell phone right now to take any pics.
I've been stupid busy work'n, + I've been building a gokart out of an old wagon for my son. So just hang with me here, I'll have some video of it blast'n in a week or 2..

Sorry for the delay on updating this quads status. I know a lot of people are curious about it.
So I do have it running, but I don't have a cell phone right now to take any pics.
I've been stupid busy work'n, + I've been building a gokart out of an old wagon for my son. So just hang with me here, I'll have some video of it blast'n in a week or 2..

:slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

wow ive been reading your threads and this is awesome i actually just bought an it 490 parts bike just to do this swap now all i need is some money to buy a warrior roller cant wait to see some videos of yours running
!

All that I really have left to do is rejet the carb, and weld some spring hangers to the head pipe.
Of course theres a bunch of little things left as well, but those are the 2 major things I need to get this thing running.

The 465 kicker is a bit short, and it's a chore to kick it over. But it does work.
I'm super stoked to get this thing out for a rip, it's been to long in the make'n.. lol
I heard that jetting these 490s is a big bitch

I heard that jetting these 490s is a big bitch
They can be.. The trick is to start fat, and lean it into power.

There are a bunch of variables like, fuel type, and oil type. Altitude, ect". These motors like to run a bit rich anyway, cause they can get pretty hot at idle. They ping like a mofo if their a bit lean.

I want to jet it a bit rich for trail riding. I might swap in a bigger pilot, but keep the main a bit leaner??

I'm hope'n to be home soon, then I'm gonna go nuts on getting this quad running. :tup:

Back