1999 Warrior Rebuild "Jar-Jar"

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guy was right about the compression on the motor though, used the pull start to turn it over and holy hell, I need to figure out how to lose the valve. I think when I put it in this quad its keeping the pullstart for back up.

You need the decompresion valve cover. Thats an 87 right? it should have one on the exhaust valve cover. If not warriorkid used to have one 4 sale

Ya its there Ive just never had one with it, so Im not 100% sure how it works.

Flip the lever down and slowly pull the pull start till you can feel the piston get to tdc. make the the lever is still flip down or you wont be able to pull it at all and you'll rip your fingers off haha. Pull hard and it will turn over. Sometimes its hard to start them with pull starts. There for a while i was using my pull start all the time on my 87 do to the starter clutch going bad. You'll get a work out from it haha

Thanks for that 87, If I can get outside Ill give it a shot.

On a side note Im trying to get a used Works 660 rear shock. Got my fingers crossed!

Its got the decomp valve cover alread, so I should be good. Well I tested the stator today and if Im not mistaken its bad. Which is fine because it needs to be switched to a 98 stator. Which also means that I need a flywheel off a newer motor, because the 87 has 2 pickup coils.

Wide grab bar should be here this week. Getting a stator and flywheel ordered later this week for the motor. Got the shocks off of the parts quad today and its gonna be alittle bit before they can go on, as they are blown and need to be rebiult. If rebiulding the shocks doesnt break the bank, Im playing with the idea of putting a 366 kit and a cam in the motor. If I dont do the motor this year it will definately be next year. Sorry no new pics, it hasnt changed to much since the last ones.

I would but the 87 motor hasnt broke the chain guard area yet, where the other one has and is Jb welded. With everything this 98 has I want all the good stuff on it.

Neither could I at 150 off regular price. I would have posted up the link sooner but when I found it there were only 5 left, so I wanted to make sure I got a set.

Back