1987 Warrior 350 not charging...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So one last thing. I'm confident it's the stator but someone I know that is a major gear head asked if I've checked the Voltage regulator. From what I can tell it's on the rear of the frame under the seat area, is finned and has a cannon plug with six pins around a seventh in the center. Nothing in my manual refers to a voltage regulator or how to test it...at least I haven't found it yet.

Can someone shed a little light? I'd appreciate it.

Maybe it's time for me to ante up and buy a clymer manual as that seems to be what everybody else has.

And the saga continues!!!!!

Ahh...the saga continues. Got the new stator installed. Got the unit to crank. In a different thread the situation worsened. I had been able to charge the batt, crank it over and get it started. It then acted like a dead batt even after having a good charge and showing good using the specific gravity tester. Bought a new batt anyway just to be sure. It has been attributed to a further breakdown of the stator. Sooo...it cranks now. Will not spark. Well, actually got a couple sparks but for the most part, nothing. Took a screw driver and put it on the flywheel/rotor. It's weaker than my kids refrigerator magnets. I knew this was also a possibility. Well of course Yamaha doesn't have them any more and my shop (yep, broke down and took it in for them to troubleshoot when it stopped cranking). They say there isn't a procedure to test the CDI box. Is that true? I really don't want to lay out another chunk of cash on a rotor only to find out the the CDI box is toast too.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Anyone have a flywheel/rotor laying around (that's stronger than a refrigerator magnet)?

Anyone have a CDI box if that ends up being toast too?

Jeez! I'm about to part this thing out and be done with it!!! :argh::argh::argh:

Yes you can't test the cdi box it sucks lol but it is what it is.

Dangit!

Well, as weak as the magnetism is on that flywheel, I think it's a safe bet that's what it is.

So the search begins for yet another part for this dinosaur.

Haven't found anything online or here yet. If anyone knows where I can find a generator rotor/flywheel, I'd appreciate the help.

Other then ebay, or here, Idk where you will find one. Be best to uprgrade to a newer electrical system from the later years. Yeah, you'll spend a decent chunk of change on it (maybe) but, it will be easy to get parts for.

check yo engine serials too because your engine could of been swaped. and if it says 1UY all over it its a first gen

Latest posts

Back