1987 Warrior 350 not charging...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if its an 87 it should have one what do you stator wires look like color wise

I thought this was an '87 but who knows. Maybe I'll have to check the serial #. I gave $200 and a truck bed cap for it. I suppose the guy I got it from knew the stator was bad considering what the shop quotes the job.

I'll have to check the wires later tonight or tomorrow. It's beer-thirty here in the ATL.

That link you gave is a good price. If I did ok replacing the clutch, I should be able to tackle this. Anything out of the ordinary about the job I should look out for?

I thought this was an '87 but who knows. Maybe I'll have to check the serial #. I gave $200 and a truck bed cap for it. I suppose the guy I got it from knew the stator was bad considering what the shop quotes the job.

I'll have to check the wires later tonight or tomorrow. It's beer-thirty here in the ATL.

That link you gave is a good price. If I did ok replacing the clutch, I should be able to tackle this. Anything out of the ordinary about the job I should look out for?
Find the serial #, and post it on here. It's on the left lower part of the frame (right buy the shifter).

I also have the pullstart, and decomp off my original motor before the swap. I'll sell them to ya cheap.

You don't need the serial numbers to determine the 1st gens from 2nd. Just look at the front a arm mounts. If the lower control arm mounting bolts are DIRECTLY CENTERED UNDER THE FRAME TUBE, it is an 87 or 88. Anyther way to id, is if the rear axle carrier had 4 seperate 14mm mounting bolts, if it has 2 long bolts it's 89-04. If it has heal guards it is NOT an 87-88. If it has replacible ball joints, it's an 87, the top of the ball joint is round and has 4, 3/16 notches in it. And lastly, if the headlights are square and mounted right above the front bumper, it's an 87-88. Square headlights on the handlebars is 89-92. Ofcourse, if it proves to not be an 87-88, you will need to post your frame number to determin the exact year.

Last edited:
So since I have the square headlights mounted just above the bumper its an 87-88. The one decal left on it says 350 Electric. Did some have a pull start too while others didn't? There's definitely no pull start on mine.

they came with a pull start and electric start and somebody could have just chaged the pull start cover and bolt effectiveley removing the pull start

and look to see if there is a little lever on your exhaust valve

Do I have to ride the short bus if I have to ask what the heck an exhaust valve is an where I might find it?

:???:

OK. It appears the serial # is: JY41UY00XH9019607

on the head in the front of the engine there is a cover that has 2 diagonal allen key bolts if it has a lever on the outside then someone removed your pull starter

Well that seems kinda stupid. Sure seems like it would be a nice backup if say someone was out like I was with a non functioning stator and ran down their battery and then stalled their quad!

Guess it's a moot point now. I'll just pick up a replacement stator and be done with it...I hope!

BTW 88.. The exhaust side valve cover has 3 screws not 2.. lol
But like I said.. I have a pull start, and a decomp switch that looks new.. Sell em' cheap.
Pullstart1.jpg

Latest posts

Back