95 rebuild started; Now, DONE (for now)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadLastRacing

Reaction score
This post was originally started in the welcome section under "NEWB from ohio rebuilding my bike" go there to see original pics of the bike when I first got it. SO this is where is stands of now and I hope to have it done by this weekend if I don't run into any setbacks.....
PC110031.jpg

Think Im going to to get shock covers soon, that yellow is an eye sore, I have white and black plastic to put on it as well
PC110032.jpg

PC110035.jpg
you can see part of teamexile's bike in this pic
PC110036.jpg
this is the sprocket that can on the bike when I got it, its huge....
PC110039.jpg

painted with high heat paint......looks so much better than then stock, but my next purchase is going to be an exhaust kit....its laying on my younger bro's mojave.....
PC110040.jpg

rebuilt to stock so far, I have plans for the near future.....so what ya'll think so far?

There's three layers of Rust-o-leum Heavy Duty on each the white and black plarts and also a good two to three layers of clear coat on them as well.....the exhaust has three layers of rust-o-leum high heat paint. I was originally going to get it all painted at Macco but this ended up saving me about 250 bucks.

yeah the rustoleum should hold up good..I used..umm...dang it..i went brain dead and cant remember the brand..but it was called metal cast paint..and it has held up really good..the only problem I had was the rear fenders rubbing it off the top of the frame rails and when putting it back together somethings got banged up

dupli color high temp is great paint also even just for the frame, ect as it is an enamel paint it dries hard and glossy

ok..I just went back through my old thread and i used dupli color metal cast paint. with a rustoleum clear coat..if ya wanna see pics its in the pics section under..Gettin there..Update

Heres a pic of his plastics(my old plastics) that i dug out of my photobucket account.

oldplastics2.jpg

oldplastics3.jpg

oldplastics4.jpg

And heres just some pics i took
painted2.jpg

painted3.jpg

painted1.jpg

And heres a before pic i dug out too.
Readyforpaint.jpg

Dean i didnt think you took any so i took these? but you do so i just thought i would post them anyways..

looks good, how long did it take to tear down? another good paint you use a spray gun and buy the farm-type paint for tractors and equipment, i have painted a few trailers with it and helped my buddy paint his 1989 ford f-250 with and it didn't turn out too bad for how cheap it was

Found these from when I first saw it, my buddy said do you want it and I said Hell Yeah, the rest is history
11-10-07_1516.jpg

11-10-07_1517.jpg

I hope to have a rolling chassis by tonight possibly prep the carb. for a rebuild as well, do I need to do this? It not to worn.....will it be ok if I just install as is and get the engine in?

this is probably going to end up as a big set back....i went to put the axle on when i got home from school,well....tryed to put the disk brake on first so i could slide the axle threw, it didnt fit the axle it just spun. so then i put the sprocket on, it did the same thing, just spun because the axle is skinnyer then the disk and the sprocket, so then i put it in the carrier...same thing, it wobbled all around. the only thing that fit were the hubs.....anyways this axle doesnt go to a warrior for sure....my bro doesnt know yet but i bet he isnt going to be too happy with the kid on here that he bought it off of.

YEAH....I'm Pissed.....anyone have a WARRIOR axle for sale or trade? stock or after-market?

What did you use for painting the exhaust again? I don't want to read through the thread again. I'm getting a newer header in the mail soon an I want to paint it something nice so that it doesn't rust.

Rust-o-leum High Heat......give it a good three to four coats after you grind all the old paint off.

@97 it wasn't really his fault.....I guess the conversation was never had about what it went to. My bro just tole me to contact him and I did and just sent him the money. He was cool about everything and shipped fast so Im not gunna call him out. @ Mad Cow They say you shouldn't paint below 50°, but I did it was close to freezeing, but subzero, I dunno about that, the paint prob. wont stick right and the final finish most likely will not look 100%.....its up to you I guess

Latest posts

Back