What did you do to your quad today?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rode my Warrior today for the first time in a week. I had a warped rear rotor so I put on a new Moose rotor and rebuilt the caliper and added a blue Alba block off plate. I rebuilt the carb off the parts quad to stock specs and put that, the nerfs and front (straight and unmolested as Ed put it) bumper on.

The old Warrior ran perfect with the stock carb settings. I tried going up one size with the main and pilot and it would miss at steady 3/4 throttle. The Works triple rates that Guy rebuilt work great too. Now I can clean up the limbs that blew down last week.

Well, yesterday I got my custom axis front shocks in and on. I'm clearly gonna have to beguiled a new set of upper shock mounts, but the shocks are here!

I get to claim the first warrior with Custom Axis shocks! Booyah!

yesterday, mashed it up with a good buddy of mine whose struggling to get out there like me. i think we both decided having a life is overrated. first ride with the at steelers. and what a difference. screw that stock suspension. it could be better but im loving it. rear shee needs some adjusting cause now it wants to kick to the side on jumps but also slides around on me a bit too much on turns.
10406463_4254711264041_5580460530054541528_n_zps8b8fabc1.jpg

Last edited:
They'll be getting a good 100 mile using tomorrow we gonna hit the Wild Rivers rail road corridor from Rice Lake north to Minong and back 50 miles 1 way

Took my quad to the track today for practice, adjusted the stock rear shock to keep up with the front WORKS Shocks the best it can untill i get my banshee rear on. Quad handled great and ran good minus my clutch slipping now, but it has 1 1/2 years of racing and 1year of riding ontop of that.

Took my quad to the track today for practice, adjusted the stock rear shock to keep up with the front WORKS Shocks the best it can untill i get my banshee rear on. Quad handled great and ran good minus my clutch slipping now, but it has 1 1/2 years of racing and 1year of riding ontop of that.

nice. once you have the rear on youll have what i have. it handles so much better than stock. im just working on getting that banshee shock dialed in right.

Last edited:
Nope I got stopped and checked last weekend by the local sheriff who is also the trail coordinator here and he had no issues with the placement

I got stopped this morning and told to remove my sticker and put it in a better location... It's on the f'n gas tank. I have no idea where a better location would be then where it is now.

nice. once you have the rear on youll have what i have. it handles so much better than stock. im just working on getting that banshee shock dialed in right.

How many spacers do you have on your front shocks? The ones that stop the coil slider to go from using the small coil to the main coil. I have maybe half inch of the small coil being used untill I go into the main coil. My banshee rear shock is giving my shock guy some trouble coming apart to replace the shaft seal. Hopefully by the time its done i'll have my +1 swinger on aswell.

Well bear tracker broke down about 10 miles in
Stopped at a stop sign and it died and now it's acting like the battery is dead turns over slow then stops and the solenoid starts clicking so not sure if the charging coil in stator is shot or the voltage regulator cause the battery is brand new

How many spacers do you have on your front shocks? The ones that stop the coil slider to go from using the small coil to the main coil. I have maybe half inch of the small coil being used untill I go into the main coil. My banshee rear shock is giving my shock guy some trouble coming apart to replace the shaft seal. Hopefully by the time its done i'll have my +1 swinger on aswell.

not exactly sure what you mean by spacers. i thought i read somewhere you got the at stealers. now i cant find that post so maybe im wacking out again. this is what i have. i have some disassembled pics too but you can see everything just fine except the c-clip. pretty simple setup besides preload adjustment turning into a small project
20140518_234308_zpszrvou7wy.jpg

Back