What did you do to your quad today?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raced an 8hr race yesterday, 4hrs during day and 4hrs at night. Day stage finished 3rd, Night stage finished 4th do to engine failure. Not sure what happened but its locked up.

My guess would be connecting rod bearing. I've had 2 fail on me 1 on my 01 and 1 on #5 before the rebuild and both times they locked up tight sounded like I was down shifting when they went or a mild Jake brake type sound lol

Not sure what caused it yet. Kinda sucks cause i wont be able to make the last few rounds of one of the race series i do. Running in 4th only a few points behind 3rd place, down the drain

Went out and messed with the quad real quik. For shits and giggles I wanted to see what would happen if i press the starter button, and it turns over. I tried to turn the motor over yesterday at the crank and it wouldnt move at all. Going to pull the motor and give a friend my motor and the one from my 99 and have him try to build one out of the two.

Im not putting anymore money into the motor. If i can use the stock crank from the 99(If its needed) i'll use that. If i have to buy any major parts, thats not going to happen.

Said farewell to #5
ypyre6ep.jpg

It was an Awesome 3 years making you what you became

First trail run was a success and the Wolf is growing on me now next ride will be the Dead Horse Run!
rubu7ybu.jpg

Glad it's growing on you, Ed! I took the Mojave and my 350x to my bud's dad's house today so his brother in law could ride the Mojave before he bought it. Needless to say it did not come home with me! :D Not much to do out behind his pop's house, but, the one logging road is a blast to rip on with the couple inclines with woops in them. Riding that 350x like I ride my Warrior now!

Latest posts

Back