Warrior to Raptor 350 project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today arrive the YFZ 450 Gibson Stem Stabilizer. Probably i will repaint it and install it this week.

Looking good! Keep up the good work! Is that yfz stabilizer a direct bolt in with no adapting involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good! Keep up the good work! Is that yfz stabilizer a direct bolt in with no adapting involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Install it just half hour ago. Was no need to mod ANYTHING to install this stabilizer.
Tomorrow i will upload pictures so you can see where i mount it.
I will take it out then to repaint it.

Looking forward to the pics on the stabilizer. I want to get one for my bike as well. The build is looking good JC, keep up the work

Here a picture of Warrior 350 with YFZ 450 Gibson Stem Stabilizer...
this is where i install it, i will take it out to repaint it then.

Looks good sitting there JC. When you re-mount it, I'd recommend you slide the stem clamp upwards on the stem. The idea being that the stabilizer moves in the same plane that the clamp rotates in. It should give you a more uniform dampening. This is a very small difference but just something I thought I'd point out. The only other concern I have is the exhaust heating the fluid up inside of the stabilizer. I don't know if this would effect it any, but just like a shock I would assume they work better when the fluid is colder.

Looks good sitting there JC. When you re-mount it, I'd recommend you slide the stem clamp upwards on the stem. The idea being that the stabilizer moves in the same plane that the clamp rotates in. It should give you a more uniform dampening. This is a very small difference but just something I thought I'd point out. The only other concern I have is the exhaust heating the fluid up inside of the stabilizer. I don't know if this would effect it any, but just like a shock I would assume they work better when the fluid is colder.

Yes totally with you my friend, i will try to mount it in different points of the area, and also i will try to mount the clamp as strait as possible. I have the same concern about the the oil... it can get thinner if really hot! reducing damper efficiency so, i will try to avoid or to move it as far from the header as i can. I will update with pictures.

I see a lot of guys that stick it towards the front of the quad, so maybe look into that option.

15 Days left to WORCS Competitions. Feeling butterflies right now.:eek:

Trying my best to get the machine done as fast as possible...

I see a lot of guys that stick it towards the front of the quad, so maybe look into that option.

Yes this Gibson's fits better the YFZ towards front, tomorrow i will see if i have any good point near to my oil cooler or arms to attach the stabilizer the way it's supposed.

Warrior 350 with YFZ 450 GIBSON Stem Stabilizer

Here pictures of the YFZ 450 GIBSON Stem Stabilizer install to a Warrior.
This was the best i try to positioning the Stabilizer to a Warrior 350... no need to modified anything, i just inverted the rear clamp of the stabilizer to be able to attach it as straight as i can. I have to say that riding is like riding a Cadillac in a Highway VS. a GO KART in the woods...

PS. i have to admit KFX 450 Shock are a little bumpie :atv: :argh: and transfers hits to chassis more that YFZ 450 shocks. I will try to adjust they the best i can tomorrow.

Looks good sitting there, but I think you misunderstood what I said about mounting the stabilizer in the same plane that the stem clamp rotates in. Let me draw you a picture real quick so you know what I'm talking about.

Hopefully this picture helps. This is the way that I usually see them mounted, and from an engineering perspective, this positioning would make the stabilizer most effective. Obviously this difference in performance is small, maybe even unnoticeable, but I think you should be aware of it.

Looks good sitting there, but I think you misunderstood what I said about mounting the stabilizer in the same plane that the stem clamp rotates in. Let me draw you a picture real quick so you know what I'm talking about.

Clear me what you mean about "same plane that stem clamp rotates"... First time installing one these.

Take a look at the picture I posted. Notice how in your setup, the clamp rotates in plane A, while the stabilizer operates in plane B. For optimal performance, these planes should be parallel, as shown in the picture I photoshopped. To fix the issue the way you have it mounted, just slide the clamp down the stem about 1-2 inches, leaving your frame mount in place.

Hopefully this picture helps. This is the way that I usually see them mounted, and from an engineering perspective, this positioning would make the stabilizer most effective. Obviously this difference in performance is small, maybe even unnoticeable, but I think you should be aware of it.

Ok i think i get your point... so you saying that it would benefit or be more effective if i try to maintain a rect angle between the clamp position to the stem and the stabilizer cylinder?

Latest posts

Back