First Gen Club

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine started as a first gen. Then I changed the engine, swing arm, and a bunch of other stuff.

ok first gen'ers i got a question for yous ... good idea or bad idea or will it even work?

i was thinking about the de-comp lever on our heads ... and its kind of a PIA ... so i got to thinking if it was cable operated to stay a hot start button like this one it wouldnt be a PIA anymore what do you guys think ?
RCH05icon_zpsb414275a.jpg

Just so long as there is enough slack in the cable so the decomp doesn't get activated when you turn the bars, it's a great idea and super user friendly. The old LT230S quadsports had em. I had a 230S and the decomp was an absolute must even with the engine warmed up. The lever was infront of the clutch lever. Just pull it with one finger and kick her over. That simple.

yeah i was thinking a bracket off the heard to hold/adjust the cable, some bike brake parts i.e. cables and bolts and that asv hot start button... i might give it a shot the only down fall is that hot start button is 55 bucks

Get a msr raptor clutch lever with the hot start lever on it it is 30 bucks and the lever is excellent!

Why not make the parking brake mini lever operate the decomp? If you still have the stock lever that is. Not like it will activate when you pull the cluth, unless you depress the button. Could always look for the complete 230S decomp lever and cable on ebay and mod it to work.

so ive self assigned myself to design the stickers so whattada guys think of this? it is a rough draft so give suggestions!

DSCF4806_zps9026f98f.jpg

looks cool bro but to be honest i just want the original ones that were made, they looked great and easy to read from a far!!

it was supposed to be formatted like the original ones it was just trying to get ideas out there for the letter style.

Back