First Gen Club

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2nd gen shocks are roughly 3/4" shorter. Havent measured them myself, but works states that our bikes have 14" shocks, which is right, and the 2nd gen has 14.7".

2nd gen shocks are roughly 3/4" shorter. Havent measured them myself, but works states that our bikes have 14" shocks, which is right, and the 2nd gen has 14.7".
A banshee shock should still work fine though. That half inch will settle in cause their a softer shock..... Right?

havent we gone over that before? the sag is too much so the ball joints bottom out, which damages them.

****... That sucks, and blows my plans all to hell!
Of course I don't plan on keeping stock a-arms for much long either.

Hold up, im not in this club but I got a ton of parts, banshee shocks are 14.5 on the pair I have, thats not enough to fart with, I can put 15" ones on a 2nd gen and have no issues. Besides yall have those fancy replaceable joints what do yall care? Lol

Hold up, im not in this club but I got a ton of parts, banshee shocks are 14.5 on the pair I have, thats not enough to fart with, I can put 15" ones on a 2nd gen and have no issues. Besides yall have those fancy replaceable joints what do yall care? Lol

those fancy replaceable joints are 108 buck at the dealer !! my shee ohlins ARE 14.4 and there on issues with the ball joints

You can get the ball joints off ebay from eastcoastatv for 35 each. Still rediculas money for that little part. And it's not even MOOG! Lol. I didn't realize the SHEES were that close in length. I've always heard they were longer then 2nd gen.

You should try to find a moog ball joint that would work! That would be sweet

I once read a thread that a guy did on his Banshee. He used an automotive tie rod end for a lower ball joint instead of buying a new arm.

Im sure it could be done. If you get me a bunch of measurements I can look at my moog size catalog at work and see what I can find. Ive found some weird **** for people

I have 3 spares. Two near new, one with a cunt hair of play. Keep that one JUST INCASE. But, as good as a moog part is, and the warrenty, the heims are going to be easier to us, and you'd still have to make upper control arms either way.

Agreed. Whatever way you go its still a bunch of fab work if you want non stock arms. Cool as hell though!

Latest posts

Back