Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Wes and James, It sucks fellers I need to talk to him so bad about my shocks, I spoke to his son Brandon for a bit the other day but didn't even mention the shocks.

Arms???? Well I installed them and the new GT Thunder shocks and rode about 65 yards and bam to the ground I went, Heim joint popped out from the bottom of the spindle, The quad and myself didn't get hurt, only my pride lol. I was in a hurry to try the shocks out and didn't put any Loctite on the nuts, My own fault. Well ive had a lot of stuff going on lately and haven't been on here in a week so tonight im gonna try and get some fresh pic's up and hopefully some good news. The Gt Thunder Provalve dualrates feel amazing on it compared to the old 08 YFZ shocks. Im gonna wait till I get about 5 good rides and 10 hours on them before I really give feedback, But overall im happy with the new arms and shocks.

It sucked, I heard a loud pop and down I went. Yep I highly recommend Loctite and cotter pins, I set my camber at -3 the closest I could get it. This is the first time I have messed around with a 12 point system, Took me a little longer to get it all dialed in right.

I haven't even messed with it since last weekend, Im going to get it right today. I did put my Sparks on my 660, The header wrap looks pretty good, 25x2 was just enough to do a Curtis Sparks X6 bigcore if anyone is curious.

Does Full Flight sale just 1 replacement heim joint? Lloyd sent me a link to some Chromoly heims a set of 4. The reason I ask is because since BK told me about the threads being shaved/stripped after it happened to his i went and looked at mine at the threads are a lot thinner than the opposite side. I can still thread a nut on it but will the Loctite 242 be strong enough to hold it?

I thought about using a larger castle nut, I got some left over stainless cotter pins from Houser so im gonna use those. Me and a bunch of buddies are gonna ride sunday and try out a few new parts so Im hopin the Loctite does the trick.

Ordered 2 new Heim joints, Stripped the bolt so bad it wont even hold. I literally hate heim joints, No wonder all the big name companies such as Walsh, Houser, LSR Laeger, JB, and ASR FX don't use this **** on their high end a arms. I've had it with this entire build, Always waiting on parts or some BS holdin me up. ON the happy note I broke out the big brother today, Finally got to try the Elkas out and wow is all I gotta say. Need to get a new battery and mount the Hipers but at least I got one I can jump on and go when I want to.

Also all GT Thunder sale's and services are temporarily suspended due to the deaths of Laz and Mary Ann. What a month this has been

I tried to downsize the nut and ended up rounding the bottom of the heim, now I cant hold onto it while I try and tighten the nut, So I just said EFF it and ordered new

Not on the one that popped out lol I put a smaller nut on it and it was so tight I rounded the notch, Tried holding it with pliers and visegrips and no luck.

Got the 2 new Heim joints today, Super fast shipping from Full Flight they also included 4 new nuts. Also got a some more Hiper carbon fiber mud plugs in for sale. Finally after a month of waiting I got my mud plug clips and hardware. Installed the Fasst Flexx rebound kit on my bars, when I first got them I was told to run them without till I got use to them but decided to put them on anyways red inners yellow outers.
PICS COMING SOON!!! Hillbilly Days is goin on right now here and its crazy, Funnel cakes and gyros for days lol and all the crawdads you can eat

Latest posts

Back