A-arms, and shocks.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The newer style carrier will not interchange on the first gens swinger or vise versa. The brake disc on the 1st gens are alot smaller than the 89 and up's, which makes the mount different and the 1st gen swingers are diff to. They are +1" longer than the newer style and they way the carrier bolts to the swinger is diff.

So I looked deeper into this.
Yes a newer style carrier "will" bolt up to the first gen style swingers..

The only difference between them is the newer ones only have 2 long bolts, instead of 4 short bolts to hold it to the swing arm. Also the mount for the brake caliper is way longer.
But yah. It bolts right up..
It gives you the option to upgrade your brakes. (Which is nice):tup:
Upgrading the rear sprocket, is as easy as swapping out the axle collar to the newer style as well.. It's all pretty simple.
Just thought I would update that.

Cool ness good to know. I do like the fact that the 1st gens have a 1" longer swinger. Helps it stay planted, the newer style swingers make the wheel base to short imo

Cool ness good to know. I do like the fact that the 1st gens have a 1" longer swinger. Helps it stay planted, the newer style swingers make the wheel base to short imo

Well I contacted the Swingarm Shop out of Michigan. (He's on ebay)

He can make me a custom swinger any length I want..
I'm not really sure how long I would want to go though?
I ride some steep mountain trails, and flipped my Warrior over backwards several times.
Now it's lighter, and has way more power...
I think a +4 wouldn't be to bad?
I also decided to stick with the stock rear suspension. (Maybe a Banshee shock)
But I think mess'n around with the mounts is just asking for disaster..

Well I contacted the Swingarm Shop out of Michigan. (He's on ebay)

He can make me a custom swinger any length I want..
I'm not really sure how long I would want to go though?
I ride some steep mountain trails, and flipped my Warrior over backwards several times.
Now it's lighter, and has way more power...
I think a +4 wouldn't be to bad?
I also decided to stick with the stock rear suspension. (Maybe a Banshee shock)
But I think mess'n around with the mounts is just asking for disaster..

Ehh if i was you and you dont ride real tight trails i may look into a +6 or maybe 7 or 8. I have a +4 and climbing some hills mine will still wanna wheelie very easy. Thats just me, cause you will have like twice the power we all have!

I dont think youll notice a difference in brakes just a loss of ground clearance
Well I read this article about why Yamaha changed the rear brakes on the Warrior..
Some of the first people to buy the Warriors back in the day, complained about the rear brake locking up the tires.
Yamaha's answer to this was to make the rear rotor larger. The larger surface area, and longer rotation makes the rotor less grabby.

So I guess it would be preference? But there are way more rotor designs for the newer Warriors.

That looks like a lot of piss'n around.. I don't think there's anything wrong with the stock carriers on these quads? Just the axles are to short.. lol

If you ride the way I do you would retract that statement....

The stock carriers are crap to adjust and keep straight and keep the bolts and nuts tight that's why I have one of 87's swingers setting in the shop ready to go on when I get a carrier for it

If you ride the way I do you would retract that statement....

The stock carriers are crap to adjust and keep straight and keep the bolts and nuts tight that's why I have one of 87's swingers setting in the shop ready to go on when I get a carrier for it

I'm not nice to my Warrior.. Trust me.. lol

But yah, I haven't had any problems yet??
I thought the bearings looked fairly beefy, and the carrier a decent quality? But I haven't done any adjustments yet..
I would still like to upgrade the axle, I might find if I get it apart it won't be so easy to get back together.

At least the warrior axles aren't as flimsy as the LT250r axles. I have owed 2 of those quads, and bent the axle on both of them.

the stock axels are decent... till you clip a tree stump i mid 5th going through a whoop section... then its toast.. the warrior carrior has 2 single row bearings the honda style carriers have 2 duel row bearings with built in grease zerks so they last longer

If your really puttin that 490 engine in, your going to learn quick why the stock carrier setup is crap.

the stock axels are decent... till you clip a tree stump i mid 5th going through a whoop section... then its toast.. the warrior carrior has 2 single row bearings the honda style carriers have 2 duel row bearings with built in grease zerks so they last longer
Well I'm going to have to do some more research into that.. It would be nice to have the added strength, and adjustablity.
Especially when I consider the extra jam the 490 2 stroke has over the stock 350. I was actually thinking about making some beefier chain tensioners the other day, because the extra power might keep knocking things out of alignment?

I could get the swingarm shop to build me a swinger that would utilize a honda carrier, and axle.. I take that this swap uses the trx 450 carrier?

Last edited:
no this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LONESTAR-BI...ries&vxp=mtr&hash=item415c266229#ht_500wt_715

the one in the link you posted uses the oem style for adjusting the chain, this one is the "honda style" carrier for a warrior but if you keep a eye out you can get them dirt cheap like 60 shipped
Ok I looked around, and can't find much literature on these?
I'm not sure I understand how it works?
How do you secure it to the swing arm? Where do you bolt your caliper??
It's just the carrier with no brackets..

Back