A-arms, and shocks.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to know..
Thanx guys.
I'm still curious if the raptor 350 steering stem will fit a 87' warrior?

Last edited:
for the 87 a direct swap stems isnt going to to be a direct swap... if you got a drill im sure you could make it work somehow...

^ what he said, If the frame is a real 87 it will not accept the newer stems. The 87 frames were the only ones that used bushings for the stem mount instead of a bearing like the new style is.

^ what he said, If the frame is a real 87 it will not accept the newer stems. The 87 frames were the only ones that used bushings for the stem mount instead of a bearing like the new style is.
So how could I make it work??
Would the stud at the bottom of the flag on the newer style stems, be long enuf to go threw the bushing??

I just pulled the stem off mine this afternoon.. It has a tapered shank at the bottom of the flag that is at least 2" inches long, and a 1/2" inch wide. Then the bottom part of that is an inch of 3/8's threaded.
So the whole shank is about 3" inches long.. How long is the shank on the newer Warriors?

Last edited:
about the same but they have to different sized collers on it see in the pics

steering.png

89-11
steering.png

about the same but they have to different sized collers on it see in the pics

steering.png

89-11
steering.png
Ok.. Collar, shank same diff... lmao
I don't think machining the collar would be to hard?
You wouldn't happen to have the diagram for a 350 Raptor stem would ya????
Or is it the same stem as the late model Warriors?

Last edited:
Excellent.. Thanx man.

It looks the same as the late model Warrior stem to me, I might be on to something here. lol

ya that would work if you can get the frame either oversized to match or mill/ grind the stem down the work
Another thing I could do is just buy some anti vibe clamps, and customize my stock stem. I would like to go up 1" inch, and forward 1" inch.

But these look kinda cool to..

Last edited:
A collar can be made to make the early stem work. I did it on my 2002. If you have access to a lathe it is very simple.

warrior_web_25.jpg

A collar can be made to make the early stem work. I did it on my 2002. If you have access to a lathe it is very simple.

warrior_web_25.jpg
Yah I'm try'n to go the other way, put a newer stem on an older frame.

I think it's doable though? (thanx for the reference BTW)
How long is the collar (before the threads) on the newer stem?? It looks to be a little shorter?

Yah I'm try'n to go the other way, put a newer stem on an older frame.

I think it's doable though? (thanx for the reference BTW)
How long is the collar (before the threads) on the newer stem?? It looks to be a little shorter?

Sorry didn't read back far enough. The threads and length actually are pretty close. Pic is deceiving. I still think if you had access to a lathe you could put a live center in the end and cut it down. Unfortunately I didn't write down any measurements and the old style stem is on the machine.

Back