A-arms, and shocks.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry didn't read back far enough. The threads and length actually are pretty close. Pic is deceiving. I still think if you had access to a lathe you could put a live center in the end and cut it down. Unfortunately I didn't write down any measurements and the old style stem is on the machine.
Cool.. I might just go for it.
I would like to be a little more sure it'll work before I start whittling away at a $300 stem, but I won't know for sure it'll fit unless I try.

So I have the frontend bits of my quad mostly covered.

Now I'm looking into a axle swap, and I'm thinking about my rear shock.
I'm more or less curious if the carriers were the same for all years of Warrior, and Raptor 350?? If they are I could upgrade my rear brake as well.

I'm also curious what is the best rear shock? (For under $500)

So I have the frontend bits of my quad mostly covered.

Now I'm looking into a axle swap, and I'm thinking about my rear shock.
I'm more or less curious if the carriers were the same for all years of Warrior, and Raptor 350?? If they are I could upgrade my rear brake as well.

I'm also curious what is the best rear shock? (For under $500)

Banshee rear shock, Carriers are not the same for all years. The first gens are way diff. 89-04 same, and the rappys are diff.

try banshee or 01 raptor shock. get a tusk axle for your carrier, their isnt any better rear brake you could do
Is the swing arm the same on the late model Warriors, as the first gen? I was hope'n I could just swap out the carrier for a newer style..

Gawd.. I'm starting to wish I had used a different frame to do this build. :argh:

Yah man!!
I was thinking of using a newer style stock carrier, with a good aftermarket axle. If I had the newer style carrier it opens up more gearing options, and better brake upgrades.

The newer style carrier will not interchange on the first gens swinger or vise versa. The brake disc on the 1st gens are alot smaller than the 89 and up's, which makes the mount different and the 1st gen swingers are diff to. They are +1" longer than the newer style and they way the carrier bolts to the swinger is diff.

The newer style carrier will not interchange on the first gens swinger or vise versa. The brake disc on the 1st gens are alot smaller than the 89 and up's, which makes the mount different and the 1st gen swingers are diff to. They are +1" longer than the newer style and they way the carrier bolts to the swinger is diff.

Bummer.. Thats what I was wondering, if you could just bolt a newer style carrier to a first gen swing arm..
It's another one of those "it looks the same, but it's not".. lol

So I just e-mailed the Swingarm Shop. I'm gonna see if he can fab me up a swing arm?
I want a +2, with a long travel mount so I can use a YFZ450 rear shock.. I'll have to see what he says?

So I just e-mailed the Swingarm Shop. I'm gonna see if he can fab me up a swing arm?
I want a +2, with a long travel mount so I can use a YFZ450 rear shock.. I'll have to see what he says?

Using the 450 shock would be sweet! You'd be the first to run that setup. Hell swing arms are cheap enough, if you wanted to switch to the newer style then its a simple bolt on method

Using the 450 shock would be sweet! You'd be the first to run that setup. Hell swing arms are cheap enough, if you wanted to switch to the newer style then its a simple bolt on method

Yah I thought a 450 rear shock would be pretty badass.. I've just been sitting here try'n to figure out how to make it work?

If it was a swing arm with a custom mount, and I utilized a 450 shock linkage it would work.. But the 450 rear shock is pretty long, and I'm not sure where a good mounting point on the swing arm would be??
I don't want the quad to sit to high, and be unstable..

idk youd have to move the upper shock mount and use a different link

Yah I took that into account already.. (Moving the upper mount that is)
As for the link mounts, I could have those made on a custom swing arm..

I'm kind starting to back peddle on that thought.. The 450 shock is just to long, and would make the assend of the quad sit to high. It would be to unstable.. :tdown:
Back to the drawing board.

u could run the 450 shock with a no link setup just make it set at the right angel to get good travel out of the shock stroke

just my 2 cents

u could run the 450 shock with a no link setup just make it set at the right angel to get good travel out of the shock stroke

just my 2 cents

Hmmmmmm... Yah I could do that.

I actually found a few 09-11 450 rear shocks on ebay for $100 bucks. They have a different end than the other 450 rear shocks.

I would still have to move the upper mount I think though?

I can't think of any other long travel rear shocks I could use??

ya thats what hes talking about

they come with a no link swing arm

Yah I looked them up.. It's a real nice looking shock, but it's close to 20" inches long as well.

I just went out, and took a few measurements.
If I was to move the upper shock mount to the top of the cross bar, and had a lower mount on the swing arm at the bottom toward the rear.. I might be able to make that work??
It'll look kinda funny though.. lol

Latest posts

Back