91 Warrior rebuild

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well once I get mine fired up with this rejet, if its like yours we will be in the same boat then.

well fired mine up just now with new jets in still does it just like yours blip the throttle falls on its face or stalls out, back to the drawing bored any luck on yours.

I got it almost dialed in. Three turns out on af screw helped. I still have to let it warm up for a sec or it falls but much better.

I even went almost till my mixture screw falls out no dice, but if cover the intake and leave about a 1/4-3/8 gap it revs right up no problems so its not getting enough fuel.

Hey just let you i had to go with a 157.2 main think I it going now also found some gunk on my petcock in the tank. Might look at that and consider changing fuel filtet or omit it andd see what it does. But will what mine does sfter it sits for a bit thrn fire it up see if it still works or will i be back to the drawing board.

Mines running great now. Starts better then stock n no bog. Just changed to stock pilot and messed with af screw

Good deal i might to still fiddle was some stuff kinda hard to start might have move clip on needle jet one or go up on pilot or main might need to get some good fuel cleaner and run in it.

Took it out and got her muddy.

b40d3ddc05b311e2942b123138190f7f_7.jpg

Always a blast to be riding. But, if you wanted to see mud, you should have seen my quad on saturday! You didn't know what color it was supposed to be! Lol

Sure, you can make a rice burner fast, but why? My car is all stock and I plan to keep it that way instead of turning it into a grenade on wheels. It gets me around town and uses less gas than my truck, that's all I need it for. I bet mine still takes that little noise maker off the line, handles better, and best of all, it's not a Neon! But then again I shouldn't hate, my grandma had a Neon and she liked it so they can't be all that bad. ;)

I'll take a Mustang with a twin screw supercharger any day, I hate front wheel drives. I was really stepping out of my comfort zone when I bought that Probe and I'll probably never buy another front wheel drive car again, to me it's the absolute worst configuration for a performance car, all they want to do is spin the tires and make noise. ::)

Half my garage is being taken up by my cousin's Camaro right now, 88 Camaro with a built LT1 from a 70 Camaro in it, just waiting for his broke ass to get a real job so we can finish putting it back together. Wanna line 'em up and see how that cute little thing stands against a real car? ;D

And i'm not really "hatin" as you say it, to each his own. The whole tuner scene isn't my style, i'm a country boy through and through, and to see us rolling around in a bunch of imports would just throw the whole world out of balance I think.

man you need to get rid of your gas saver and get a stang

your cousins 88 sounds sweet 3rd gens are my favorite
but gm didnt have lt1s untill 93 in camaros, Ive heard of some 80s model vettes having lt1s, and a couple prototypes

but your engine from the 70 isnt an lt1, its a 350, but not an lt1, its less fuel effeiciant but way better in my opinion, 70 was the first year for the 2nd gens and was when chevy was actually thinking, Im not sure but i think that 350 came stock with around 370hp? 350pt? or maybe it was 350hp and like 320pt, i cant remember, but thats better than a stock ls1! =)

your cousin def has an engine worth its weight in gold to me
i also like lt1s, i just couldnt leave it stock
my dream project is to take an iroc=any year and swap an lt1 383 stroker in it

Finally got all the air out of the brakes with vacuum bleeder. Got the yfz450 dual piston caliper on the rear. Time to wash her up and take a ride Sunday.

As you can see in the pics my old rear pad had broken off and was only hitting half the rotor.

IMAG0534.jpg

IMAG0533.jpg

looking good man! got my 450 caliper coming too along with the bracket and some other stuff my rear stocker keeps locking up on me when I ride and I don't even use it funny

Well been awhile since i messed with it but today did a new clutch with hd springs, new pulsar and new coil with plug. Looking to buy some +2 control arms since thats main weak point on my quad.

Well its torn down to get unnecessary frame tabs gone, frame/ swing arm powdercoated, new +2 control arms and a overall cleanup.

IMG_20130114_173609.jpg

IMG_20130114_202949.jpg

IMG_20130115_082103.jpg

How did that alum carb intake work? Interested in makin/sellin another? How much?

Back