91 Warrior rebuild

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cam came in

IMAG0234.jpg

IMAG0235.jpg

IMAG0233.jpg

that a stage II?

Your intake is solid? i dunno bout all that but i guess it be fine. I've always though the carb needs to flex separate then the engine, but I guess if its all bolted up nice and tight, it should be fine.

Your exactly who I needed to look at it. It was opened boxed as stage1 but it looks diff from whatvi remember my buddies was.

^ Ask 87, hes got a stage one. He could tell you better. Perhaps the picture is a bit deceiving but those lobes look "big".

Perhaps it is a stage 1 afterall.

Ok cool. I was just worried someone either returned the wrong one or misboxed it. It was only $90 new so i figured id take a risk,

Hmm looks like alot of duration, but that stock cam looks pretty worn i think so it could be that. Either way if its a stage 1 or stage 2 id get good springs, they say you dont need them, but the stocks springs are taxed out even with the stock cam.

Stock lift is .318, stage one hotcam is .390. Look at the lift diff in the pics. Whats the stage 2 lift?

The box has a stage 1 part number but that doesnt mean a thing when it was an "open box item" I just want to make sure I have correct cam before install

Got intake mounted and cam installed. So far so good. Now just waiting on UM airbox and then out comes the powerwasher lol

IMAG0248.jpg

IMAG0247.jpg

cool cool. I'm interested to see the spark performance on that coil wire now. Seems like an easy mod. just pull the old wire off and put the new on on?

I want to run a e3 plug as well now. Whats the plug number?

I tried to just pull it out but it ripped so I took a small pik and just got out all old wire material. Then you are left with a pin inside. I used a small amount of epoxy inside then slide wire on. Plug is an E3.36 cost about $5 at Oriellys I just like the fact that I can use a normal plug and wire incase I need a quick fix. I heard the resistance on the new wire is extremely lower.

Last edited:
Finished cam, airbox, filter and banshee shocks. YFZ450 brake conversion comes in next week.

IMAG0260.jpg

Last edited:
Back