2-stroke IT490 motor swap

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
talk to deadlast he makes custom atv graphics kits.... i think he charges 100 for a full kit
It's $60 at the local vinyl cutter. (No shipping that way either)
I only need 2 stickers, maybe 4 if I wanna put the monocross stickers on the swingarm?

It's $60 at the local vinyl cutter. (No shipping that way either)
I only need 2 stickers, maybe 4 if I wanna put the monocross stickers on the swingarm?

And thats exactly what your getting, cut vinyl. Not laminated full color graphics. ALSO, $60 for cut vinyl is pricey, even for the entire areas to cover on a warrior.

But to each its own.

And thats exactly what your getting, cut vinyl. Not laminated full color graphics. ALSO, $60 for cut vinyl is pricey, even for the entire areas to cover on a warrior.

But to each its own.
Well I didn't mean that comment to be an insult to you or anything man..
I have about 100 things left to deal with, and stickers (or graphics) are the very last thing on my mind right now.

I have this nasty feeling stinging in the back of my mind, that the mounts I made are going to break.
If that happens this frame is junk, and the rest is going on ebay.
So I don't wanna spend any money unnecessarily.

I have this nasty feeling stinging in the back of my mind, that the mounts I made are going to break.
If that happens this frame is junk, and the rest is going on ebay.
So I don't wanna spend any money unnecessarily.

did you ever gusset the mounts you made on the frame .... the only one that worries me a little is the right front mount it is really long you might want to gusset that one to stiffen that one up

did you ever gusset the mounts you made on the frame .... the only one that worries me a little is the right front mount it is really long you might want to gusset that one to stiffen that one up

Those front mounts will be fine, it's the bottom mounts that I'm really worried about.. I welded in that cross brace, and used some 1/4" steel to make the mounts. Thats where all the weight of the motor sits.
But it's not really the power, or weight that worries me..
It's the vibrations that'll kill it.

with all the steel you got on there i wouldnt even worry about it.. you realize the frame is thinner wall then the stuff you welded to it right?

So I fixed my phone.. A little brake clean, and some shop towels. Voila!

Anyway heres a few updates of the frame painted, and the rear plastics. (I only got one coat on the plastics before it started raining out.)

Quad15.jpg

Quad16.jpg

Quad17.jpg

I think the red frame with yellow shocks and yellow fenders and white hood and tank cover would be sweet just my opinion man

I think the red frame with yellow shocks and yellow fenders and white hood and tank cover would be sweet just my opinion man
I dunno man? I might take your would on that..
I just thought they stuck out like a sore thumb. But they do kinda go with the gold wheels..

Lookin good. Before long we will finally be able to see some vid of this thing tearing around.

Well this should answer a few questions.
Yes I hope to have some video in the next week or 2.
I might try to find some banshee rear fenders, but the stockers I cut look good to me.
And I was actually going for the look of the 87' YZ490. The IT490's were blue, and yellow.

So I fixed my phone.. A little brake clean, and some shop towels. Voila!

Anyway heres a few updates of the frame painted, and the rear plastics. (I only got one coat on the plastics before it started raining out.)

Quad15.jpg

i those kicker speaker grills on my house speakers ...lol .... it looking good man

oh and is that one of those cheap e bay shocks in the back ?.... if so how is it ?
That shock is just for mock up.. My rear shock is f**ked.

My neighbor gave me that ebay shock, they suck ass. He had a pair on the front of his warrior, they other one blew. (That's why theres only one)

He's buy'n some HLS shocks all around for his, and he's gonna give me his rear shock.. Till I buy some banshee shocks anyway.

Oh and those are the subs outta my truck.. lmao
10" infinity's. I love those subs. :tup:

Back