87 warrior project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok thanks for the info. so the cam in that link its the .450 right? and with the mega .415 do you have to have your rockers hard welded or any clearancing done? or with the hd springs and the p&p be all i need? thanks again for the help just dont want to get something before i know the details, like the hard weld needed on rockers with the web .390 did not know that.

I gave you the wrong part number at first. I changed it (252x2) is the .415 that will be best for a bike with stock stroke. Yes, you only need the HD springs. Hardwelding not required. Just call and ask Mega if you are uncertain, lol. You port and polish that head, you'll be very happy with that cam.

ok so no clearance needed like piston to valve? I know I read somewhere about clearancing valve covers is that needed?

Only on the 252x1 IF you are using the decomp lever will you need to shave material off the decomp tang of the rocker. Valve to piston wise, you'll be fine.

so if I get the .415 I can still use the decomp lever without any problems

You should be able to. It has much less lift, duration, and does not have a reduced bas circle like the 252x1 does. I had to ditch the decomp lever and run a 2nd gen valve cover with the 252x1.

ok thanks for the info. do you just have to call them to order stuff from them? and do you know how much they run for the 252x2?

You do need to call them. They do COD mostly. At least that is what it was when I ordered my cam sprocket from them. I have no idea what their cams run. I bought mine from a member on here.

i know this is been discussed on here and comes down to opinion and your choice type of thing, but i am going to ask anyways. whats a good oil to run?

to replace the the oil pump do you have to take the clutch and everything out on that side, or can get it out with leaving everything in? reason i am asking is because i have my clutch cover off and noticed that there is a little play in the gear when i tilt it back and forth. Is that normal?

well got some port work done. not so good pics but its all i got.

intake:
1028131857_zpse8ec7340.jpg

1028131859a_zps9ebe1b39.jpg

exhaust:
1028131858_zps614128b3.jpg

1028131859_zps96084270.jpg

just order couple of things, cam, cam bearing, and clutch cover gasket. went ahead and got the stage 1 hot cam for now due to budget and some brake work on the car. getting close to having everything, might get a oil pump i dont know yet other than that i got everything. planing on doing oil cooler mod in the next couple of days. GETTING SO CLOSE!!!!

Dude I'm excited to see this thing come together it is growing More and more into a power plant as time progresses

thanks guys, and i cant wait to get it back together to, but the bad thing is its starting to get cold here. yeah so much for the tear down and freshen up that i was originally going to do. lol. but what the heck might as well add some goodies while your in it. and i will definitely be taking some pics as comes back together.

Do it to it bro easier to mod it while it's apart than it is to go back later and do it at least this way you will have a solid base to work with it will be a lot easier to base what you want off of the new uplift your workin with

Back