87 warrior project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok i know i have been asking a lot of questions but i am just trying to get things figured out. If the hd springs are able to be used with bigger cams and s1hc is ment to be used with stock springs will the hd springs be to stiff for the s1hc.

And we don't mind asking questions it's how u learn things about the bike were here to help so ask away

well decided to hold off on finishing the valve job until i get some hd springs.

got a call from the machine shop today and my jug is done getting bored so hopefully i can pick it in the next day or two. might be back together sooner than i think, just got to get the hd springs and find a cam.

got my jug and piston back yesterday.
1001131835a_zpsadf3926c.jpg

about to order the hd springs just wanted to make sure that this is the ones you guys were talking about. and does it matter the about the years because these say that they are for 88-04 and mine is an 87. thanks
http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-350-WARRIOR-KIBBLEWHITE-VALVE-SPRING-KIT-88-04-/360674738479?

The black diamond valve springs are the ones you really want the kibble whites shown in the eBay ad appear to be the standard kibbles

ok thanks for the link and those are the ones i am getting. will almost have everything i need now.

got my valve spring kit and couple oil filters in the mail today.
1008131225_zpsfd0f009b.jpg

parts pile starting to build up. lol getting close.
1008131227a_zps4173f2a9.jpg

1008131227_zpsb9401cd9.jpg

haha. yeah i think your piles a little bigger though. hopefully i can actually put this stuff to use soon.

well got to talking to my brother and since he works at a machine shop i think i am going to do a little port work since i am right there.

well not really any updates, going to be getting the port work done this weekend and still got some little odd and ins to do. my next big thing is to find a cam, wanting something like the hot cam stage 1 or the web .390, so if anyone has one or knows of one please let me know. thanks.

Well the thing with the Web cams is this; they require the rockers to be hard welded so the cam doesn't eat them. Also, after talking to several engine builders, Web "spray welds" their cams? I cannot confirm, but they can get air pockets in them, and once they wear into them, those pockets do damage. The Mega cams are usually all billet, I believe. If I were you, I'd get the Mega .415 (252x2 part number). You are already having the head ported, so it will work very well for you. Short of having your cam custom ground by an engine builder, and rockers HW, the Mega is the best drop in and run cam, IMO.

Last edited:
Back