87 warrior project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you like it and was it worth it. right now i just have stock cam so just thinking a little before i start putting stuff back together. thanks

do you like it and was it worth it. right now i just have stock cam so just thinking a little before i start putting stuff back together. thanks

For a full range cam it is worth it no modifications needed to get full potential a port and polish with a dremel will help out its a step above stock and it doesn't require any hp parts springs and or valves they can be used with it to help out but as for any real mods not necessary if you decide to do it don't use there specs for valve clearance any cam will have valve noise unless you use hd springs which will help quiet it but with there specs it's pretty much slapping the rockers onto the valves if you want a little boost for a low budget get one most of us start with the s1hc but if you wanna get into more work more performance u would require head clearance and a bigger cam

I am with no problems your clearance will have I be set for .0004 which will help with valve noise and the response is excellent

And just to give you an idea as to what they recommend it's .0013 intake and .0015 exhaust so .0004 is a huge diff

ok thanks. i might hold off right now cause i can always swap cams later with out having to take the head of just trying to get some ideas.

If you swap the cam or even if you have it apart remember to replace the valve stem seals one less thing to have to go back and do

yeah the head is getting a valve job and should get it back tomorrow. i went ahead and put new valves and valve seals in.

Very smart move I did mine my self but I wish I would have done black diamond valves and springs I'm on a tight budget right now but soon I might

yeah thats why i was asking if the cam can be used with stock valves because the valves i got are oem spec. wish i would have just got the black diamond valves kinda of to but didnt realy plan on getting a cam but its kinda of like "your right there why not" lol

Latest posts

Back