Zoom Zoom Carb?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering about those zoom zoom carbs also...although im not having much luck finding them on ebay right now...question...are they ready to just install and go?!?!? or do you have to build it up any, or modify or tune it much...keep in mind my warrior is all stock...no mods at all...

I was wondering about those zoom zoom carbs also...although im not having much luck finding them on ebay right now...question...are they ready to just install and go?!?!? or do you have to build it up any, or modify or tune it much...keep in mind my warrior is all stock...no mods at all...

Here they are on e-bay right now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-WARRIOR-350-CARBURETOR-YFM-350-YFM350-1987-2004-ATV-QUAD-BRAND-NEW-CARB-/191126057797?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c80003345&vxp=mtr#ht_4275wt_908

And yes they are plug_and_play, just install them and you are good to go no tuning involved at all! :tup:

and they are actually good? do you have one on your quad? and if so, how long have you had it on there?????

Yes I have one on for about a year now; I could never get my Mikuni carb to run right.
As a last ditch effort I thought I would try one of the Zoom Zoom carbs. (At $68.00 shipped I figured I didn't have much to lose, I already spent way over that trying to get the Mikuni to work right).

Best decision I ever made! :tup:

they must be made of cheap aluminum after a few years it will probably crack to sh!t around the bowl holes striped jet fittings and what not, but for the price may as well use em as disposables

I bought a Zoom Zoom carb off Ebay after buying my Warrior with a red neck modified stock carb on it that pissed more gas than a diabetic with high sugar......the stock carb was missing the top plastic plate, in place of it was a piece of a stop sign that was bolted down to it...anyway..Installed the Zoom Zoom...turned the key and the gas on....boom, fired right up to a nice even idle.....runs great now....even with the KN filter and the DG slip on pipe...no bogging or anything.....and with the 14/40 gearing and 20 inch rear tires....wheelies are as easy as thumbing the throttle.......now to fix that oil leak from the head bolt....hmmmm........the only difference I noticed between the two carbs, the external cable guide tube was longer on the Zoom Zoom which made me have to remove the stock bracket that bolts the cable to the carb......I used the adjuster nut to thread directly to the cable guide on the new carb, hopefully that wont cause any issues, seems ok so far.....are the cable guide tubes threaded on the carbs? I didnt want to risk breaking something by forcing it....

I just bought one and It works great. Its a bit cheaper made but not bad for 66 bucks.

I just bought one and It works great. Its a bit cheaper made but not bad for 66 bucks.

Yes the one I have is still working great!
And for the price you pay for them if they ever start giving you a problem it is almost as cheap to buy a new one then try to fix it.

A good rebuild kit and 2 cans of carb cleaner will run you almost the price of a new Zoom Zoom carb!

Yes the one I have is still working great!
And for the price you pay for them if they ever start giving you a problem it is almost as cheap to buy a new one then try to fix it.

A good rebuild kit and 2 cans of carb cleaner will run you almost the price of a new Zoom Zoom carb!

And shipping is fast!

zoom zoom carb

guys im ticked, all of you seem to have good luck but me. i put it on and it fired right up but when you give it throttle it bogs down and stales... what should i do?? you think the cable isnt adjusted right or something? should i take it back for another one...

Gave the warrior a good work out today at Lost Trails, PA. What a brutal place for a sport quad! Not a single issue or cough with the ZoomZoom carb all day! I'm happy with it so far.....it survived brutal conditions that I don't expect to repeat any time soon....

Ordered mine today after years of carb problems... I hope my experience is as good as everyone else's!

I don't feel like jerking around with mine either LOL...

Carb is great. I have one on my machine. Rejetted & all. Very happy with em

Sounds excellent... except somehow the carb that showed up in the box is the wrong F'ing one. Sonnofabitch.

Guys I'm totally confused. There are ads all over for a slide carb that is advertised as a zoom zoom "performance" carb for the Yamaha Warrior 350.

It doesn't fit. The intake bolts don't line up, the carb hits the reverse lever, etc.

http://zoomzoompartz.highwire.com/p...m600-carburetor-and-2-free-intake-manifolds-1

What gives, why are they (and others) advertising this? Stock carb is a butterfly type, they're totally different in design (no problem with that if it worked) and fitment (doesn't work)...

You got the wrong carb from them then or Maybe they sent you the wrong one by accident. Mine is identical. Bolted right on. Took me 10 min. Take a pic of what they sent ya and post it

Yes they sent (and advertised?) the wrong f'ing carb. Got the correct one and it started right up. The jetting seems worse though. Ordering some jets now (147.5, 150, 152.5 main and a 45 pilot). Mods are an FMF exhaust can, and a K&N filter with a wrapper around it. Air box lid is not removed. With the new carb, no jet changes, it was "cutting out" in mid to top throttle (lean?).

Prior to the new carb, it was fouling plugs like mad and constantly needed idle adjustments as it warmed up. No idea what jets are in the old carb.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back