Zoom Zoom Carb?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sea157

Reaction score
Anyone running one of the Zoom Zoom replacement carb.?
Are they any good?
I need a new carb. for my all stock Warrior and you can't beat the price but are they any good at all?

im not sure..alot of people have asked that question, but many will probably agree you should find a used stock carb and rebuild it

I got a used stock one on here from one of the other members for $70. You can find stock ones used if you look around and get great deals on them

I got a used stock one on here from one of the other members for $70. You can find stock ones used if you look around and get great deals on them

The one I have now I cleaned it, plus ran it through the ultra sonic cleaner then rebuilt it with a rebuild kit and still have the same problem.
Something must be wrong that I cannot see.

Once I put my carb. on from my other Warrior it runs perfect.

That is why I was wondering about the Zoom Zoom carbs. , I now need one for my second Warrior.
My second Warrior is all stock.

It is loading up between 1/4 to about 1/2 throttle. (Sounds like a tractor between these throttle positions) if you rev it and clean it out it will run all right until you get to this position again, then it starts all over.

I changed the needle clip position up, down and everything in between, works for a little while then right back to the same thing.

I know it is the carb. because when I switched to the carb. from my second Warrior it runs great.

It is loading up between 1/4 to about 1/2 throttle. (Sounds like a tractor between these throttle positions) if you rev it and clean it out it will run all right until you get to this position again, then it starts all over.

I changed the needle clip position up, down and everything in between, works for a little while then right back to the same thing.

I know it is the carb. because when I switched to the carb. from my second Warrior it runs great.

Are you using the same jets? Sounds like your getting to much fuel and need to go down 1 jet size.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

Yes I am using the stock 145 jet from the factory, but there is no way I should need to go down from the stock jet.

It has a UNI Clamp On Pod Air Filter with (12) Uni-Filter Air Box Vents in the air box with a FMF power core IV muffler on it.

If anything I should have needed a larger jet in it, tried and it was much worse.

Yes I am using the stock 145 jet from the factory, but there is no way I should need to go down from the stock jet.

It has a UNI Clamp On Pod Air Filter with (12) Uni-Filter Air Box Vents in the air box with a FMF power core IV muffler on it.

If anything I should have needed a larger jet in it, tried and it was much worse.

Wow that's weird. I know nothing about them carbs. I'm sure someone has one and will chime in and help you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I had a uni clamp on filter on mine with HMF pipe and I had to go back down to the stock 145 main to get mine to run right. I went back to using a K&N in the stock air box with no lid and had to put a 150 main in it to get it out of a lean condition. Personally I don't like the Uni filters, they seem very restrictive.

Well people I received my Zoom Zoom Carburetor today and installed it.
I don't know how it will hold up but it is an exact copy of my Mikuni and the quad is running better than it ever did!! :laughup: :tup:

The only problem I had was the nuts that mount the carb to the manifold were to wide they were 14mm wide the stock ones are 12mm, the 14mm were to wide to get in between the stud and manifold so I just used my stock 12mm nuts, the studs and threads on them are the same as the 12mm stock nut.

good to hear glad to hear the zoom zoom carb worked well let us know how it holds up
still not a bad price for a new carb at under $70 shipped

Nice. Nothing like a new factory carb give us feedback on quality

Sent from my SCH-S950C using Tapatalk 2

Nice. Nothing like a new factory carb give us feedback on quality

Sent from my SCH-S950C using Tapatalk 2

I will give you feedback on quality.

I was out riding it a little this morning, so far I am really impressed with this carb. the quad never ran this good before, time will tell.

The only adjustment I needed to make was to lower the idle a little; it is now idling at a steady 1500 rpms just where I like the rpms to be once warmed up.

So far this carb is VERY SMOOTHE from idle to wide open and anywhere in between, unlike my Mikuni was.

Over the last 2 months I spent a whole lot more on trying to fix my Mikuni then the $68.00 shipped I spent for the new Zoom Zoom carb.

my buddy put a zoom zoom carb on his wolverine. they are good. its been 2 or 3 months now no issues.

I put a zoom zoom on an old moto 4 350 and port matched the intake manifold. That thing woke up! Its been on for about 6 months now, still no problems. I just got one for my warrior and opened it up. I noticed there is no screw holding the seat in place. I hope that doesn't mean its non-removable. I will try to check that out while I'm at work tomorrow.

I put one of these Zoom Zoom's on my Warrior. Granted the eBay seller sent me the Raptor style, once I got the intake boot it's great. Had it since Early March and my warrior runs better than it ever did. Had it in some sticky places too, lots of deep mud at a local truck 4x4 area, sand, hills and Missouri little mountains. Probably going to get another for the old lady's warrior soon to see if it wakes up too.

the only bad thing about them is the seat for the float valve is not replaceable. the good new is you dont have to do the valve stem cap or click pen spring mod. she spring mod maybe but its not necessary

Back