zoom zoom carb install question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r50maier

Reaction score
I have been having trouble with my factory carb, so I ordered a zoom zoom replacement. The set up is a little different, and there are no instructions. My factory carb had a cable directly to the needle through the top plate, and another cable through the side plastic plate. Both were controlled by the thumb throttle.

The zoom zoom carb only has one connection for a throttle cable. The top one to the needle is controlled through the side linkage. My question is, does anyone know what cable to use, and do I just tie up the other cable?

Wait. Brain blast. The 1st gen carbs didn't have the complicated linkage under the plastic cover, which is why they used two cables. The 2nd gen has the weird looking linkage, which only needs one cable. Well, that made my life easier.

so a second gen throttle cable is just a single cable and most likely the appropriate fix?

I ordered a motion pro cable for a 2003, thank you guys for the quick help!

Help

Can somebody go into further detail on this. I have the same problem and I'm stumped. I have the zoom carb also and two throttle cables. Can I make it work or need a new throttle cable.

Latest posts

Back