z400 rebuild....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamexileracing

Reaction score
well im rebuilding my friends z400 :p, ive never worked on a engine this complex and i have to rebuild the bottem end too :mad: So idk this could be bad but i think it will be fun as long as i fallow the manual.

Any words of wisdom before i crack it open? Ive already got it out of the frame and the head off. I just have to crack it then find out whats bouncing around inside it and then replace all the gears that are broken or whatever is broken.

The dumb thing of me is that i decided to do this for free....i need the money and i decided to take time off work to get this done hahahaha. But idc i would rather have him out there riding with me instead of having money.

I have pictures of my case when we cracked it open, and an online manual that shows all the internals, I can send them your way if You'd like.

Its most likely the timing chain...... those things are known for timing chain problems. It slaps off the inner case and make a shitload of noise.

yeah send me some of that stuff cluth....also dsw what r u talking about do you think the chain just came loose or what? U think he just needs a new one.

DW is right. The timing chains in those are know for making noise. My brother has gone thru 3 timing chains on his, and it still makes a slapping noise.

Hmm, Is it a ticking sound? My timing chain on my 05 was f'd up, and it made a ticking sound, at first we thought it was the valves, but it was the timing chain. My 03 is starting to show symptoms of an f'd up timing chain as well.

well we kinda haulted the process on it....we couldnt get the motor out because the bolt that goes threw the swingarm that hold the engine in wont come out so i started to cut it off like we do warriors and we got one side off and we said **** it, its taking way too much time and its already going to cost him over 300 to get it fixed from what we already have done. We dont even know how much more he was going to have to put into it after we broke into it....anyways i called up cycles r us and i asked if they would buy it well they said if he adds a grand and his xr100 they will give him a 04 450r so he took them up on the offer. WE just have to take the bikes up there and see what they say.

yeah but we have to do this asap! and the kid is lazy as **** he does nothing so ill be working my ass off again to help him out. I cant wait till he gets this....i want to ride it =]

Latest posts

Back