z400 carb?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamexileracing

Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can hook up a z400 carb to a warrior with little mods becuase i can get one for cheap, they are easy to ajust and they have good throtle response.

Does anybody know if you can hook up a z400 carb to a warrior with little mods becuase i can get one for cheap, they are easy to ajust and they have good throtle response.

After looking at a 400z carb from what I see is that for sure you'll need a intake manifold boot to except the carb. It's still the same type of design as the warrior carb, but looks to be a 37 or 38mm design so you'll lose a bit of throttle reponse and torque down low and make up for it up top. Uses a flat slide vaccum operated, butterfly valve design.. Doesn't look to have an accel pump.(warrior does) What I've found though that most vaccum operated carbs don't need this. It will be the same to tune as your stock carb. Doesn't really look to be all that great, IMO.
There is a mikuni carb on ebay right now for the raptor 350 and I believe the BIN price is really low. I would go for that. I'll give you the link if you want it? Usally it's like almost a $500 dollar carb.

I know you can hook up a warrior carb to a z. I had my dads aftermarket warrior carb on my yellow z for a while. It hooked right up.

hmm so you think a z would work on a warrior then?

Also thanks jason for the info.

So would there be any performace over a stock warrior carb then?

Imnot sure if it would bolt right up. Also im not sure on the size of a z carb compared to the warrior so I wouldnt know if it benefits in performance.

k it doesnt matter i was just wondering.

But i know that an edel would be better then a keihin carb. But im low on cash. Soo what are the specs on it becuase its cheaper. How much gain in hp does the keihin give you? And hows the throttle response, better, as good as an edel?

k it doesnt matter i was just wondering.

But i know that an edel would be better then a keihin carb. But im low on cash. Soo what are the specs on it becuase its cheaper. How much gain in hp does the keihin give you? And hows the throttle response, better, as good as an edel?

I'm sure it has less throttle response then the edelbrock. It a lot larger carburetor. Plus it doesn't have the accel pump.

Latest posts

Back