z400 carb in a warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frack77

Reaction score
Has anyone done this? Ive read this page
http://yfm350.proboards31.com/index....ead=1199403426

and thought about trying it. Looks like i will need the carb (derr)the boot going to the airbox and a new choke knob (to eliminate the choke cable) Also, it said that i may have an issue with the throttle cable... Any one have any insight? Was this a tough install? Did it "open" the warrior up?

Well I'm the one that wrote that article, and it made a massive difference for me, but my accelerator pump was broken on my stock carb. Compared to when it still worked, I would say it still made a good difference, especially in low RPMs.

It needed some custom work, like I wrote. You need to stretch the airbox-carb boot on the carb side to fit, and you need to find a way to connect the throttle. The problem with the throttle is that the threaded nut thing on the cable side is too far back from the threaded part on the carb. You can do what I did and make a sort of spacer with rubber tubing, or as a more permanent approach, use the Z400 thumb throttle and cable. The Raptor 350 cable will probably work too, but I'm not guaranteeing anything.

Thanks for the info! This may be asking a bit much but do you happen to have a pic of the "spacer" you made?

Sorry I don't, it's really simple though. All I did was take one of the stock vent hoses, cut it to size and slip it over the throttle cable end that goes into the carb.

Ok cool! I posted the story of the ole warrior in my other thread Carb Questions. Do you think i would be better off attempting the Z400 install?

Latest posts

Back