YZ 250 shifter

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88WarriorBoy

Reaction score
I was wonderin if I could put a yz250 shifter on an 88 warrior becaues of the pull starter housing sticking out.

talk to either Bones or 1998yamahawarrior they would know what you can run on it

Banshee and bend it around

Yep you beat me to it!!!! The one I picked up is a MSR banshee shifter.

Yes my sig says a 99, but the motor is out of an 87 and I kept the pull start for backup and all. Though I have no clue how easy Ill be able to pull start when I finally get everything to drop in the 366 kit and megacycle cam!!!!:evilface:

I'm running the msr banshee shifter, had to bend it and cut then reweld the clamp end back ont. Had to do that for it go around the big bear cooler, too. Works great. 1998, do you still have the decomp lever? I use it on mine if I have to pull start. I used a newer utility bike head on my buds warrior, and that is a BITCH to pull start now, no decomp.

Yep you beat me to it!!!! The one I picked up is a MSR banshee shifter.

Yes my sig says a 99, but the motor is out of an 87 and I kept the pull start for backup and all. Though I have no clue how easy Ill be able to pull start when I finally get everything to drop in the 366 kit and megacycle cam!!!!:evilface:

I have to stand on the nerf bar to pull the stroker over or I just lift the quad off the ground

These things are a beast to pull start. I can do mine without using the decomp, but I stand on the peg and get it pulling slowly then snap it hard near the end of the pull and she fires right up. Luckly I don't have to do it often. Much rather have kick start as a back up, but anything is better than nothing.

Ya mine still has the lever, but Ive tryed repeatedly to get it to work and I gave up. I just get it at a specific spot in the stroke and pull really hard. Starts right away. I dont have to stand on the nerf yet, but we'll see after I finally get the motor done!!!! Hopefully soon, but not soon enough for the mud party. :(

Does your rocker have the tab that the decomp lever pushes down on? That is the only way for the decomp lever to work.

Im thinking of putting the pull start off the 87 on mine since i already have a decomp head and i have to make a new shifter anyway since my new pegs sit further back

You just going to swap out the exhaust rocker instead of the whole head? Cause I thought your's was p&p.

Not just a valve cover, it has a tab sticking off the end of the rocker arm so the lever has something to push against to open that valve. On all warriors without pull start, the exhasust rocker looks just like the intake rocker.

DSC_0012.jpg
DSC_0013.jpg

battery decided to fry on me but its been going out, and if i can get ahold of a banshee shifter somebody should put up a how to bend it lol

Back