YZ 250 big bore kits?? (2 stroke)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mathius

Reaction score
I was curious if any of you guys know about Yamaha YZ250 big bore kits?

I did a bit of hunting, and found a few kits ranging from 270cc to 300cc's. I also read up on the old ohlins/noleen 360 big bore kit, but they were discontinued years ago.
I'm hope'n to make 50 to 60hp out of a YZ250... 2 stroke of course.

I could use some help with this because I just came across my next project. :iagree:

You can get 50 horse out of the 250 if you wanna spend the money porting and higher compression and head shape exhaust ect ect I got a buddy with a 45 horse yz, cant keep it hooked up, I could easily out run him

Well the motor isn't going in a bike.. lol
I'm just looking for a kit with a reasonably steady powerband? But enuf power to drag a quad around.

I know that a well tuned 250 can make 40hp, but I bet a 290 would make a decent torque curve.

Last edited:
I'd be looking for a weighted flywheel for it if your building another hybrid
Well I found a 05' Raptor 250, but the motor is shot.. It also has a bent axle, but the frame is straight. The plastics are in good shape to.
I can get the quad dirt cheap, and I know where theres a wrecked 01' YZ250. I could get the motor, and wiring from it for around $500.

I just wanna build a more trail capable 2 stroke rig..

The rads will be the tricky part.
I'll have to see how cheap I can get it? I don't wanna pay more than $500. Gonna go look at it in a couple hours.
I wanna see if I can build this for under $1200 bucks.

That looks pretty cool.
Theres a guy on E2S that build a nice YFZ 250 hybrid. But he used an older mill.
http://forums.everything2stroke.com/threads/48319-yfz-250-2-stroke

The dude with that Rappy 250 was a total douche.. He figured that thing with a blown motor, and bent axle was worth $1600!!

I told him $400... He can keep the motor, and axle. lol
The lowest he would go was $1000.. I think he got dropped on his head as a kid.
Needless to say, I don't have a 250 raptor.

There are lots out there though. I'll find another one..

He built a YFZ 465, and helped me a lot during the beginning stages of my build. He was also the guy that told me I could use the TRX250R pipe on my 490.
A true 2strokegenius. lol

Latest posts

Back