yz 125?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzy613

Reaction score
ive been lookin for a dirt bikeand i wwas wondering dose any body know how good of a bike they are? im 6'2" 155lbs, im goin to look at one later so i kinda want to know what im lookin at buyin.

so that 125 is sold i called on a rm 250, the guy was nice but i got to get my uncle so him and i can go look at it i dont think you can go wrong for 800 bucks

125's are still relatively small for a full size person. I think a 250 is a pretty decent size though.

You guys are underestimateing the 125 there a nasty bike my boyfriends kx125 would beat 250s it had a good amount of motor work and coming from a warrior the 125 would fell like a 250

You guys are underestimateing the 125 there a nasty bike my boyfriends kx125 would beat 250s it had a good amount of motor work and coming from a warrior the 125 would fell like a 250
not really underestimating a 125, as you said your boyfriends has a good amount of motor work done to it, around here 125 and 250 run about the same price, both in stock form why buy the slower one. And the 125 feels to small for me.

Yeah that's what I was talking about is it's physical size. I'm only 5'8" and he's 6'2" and if a 125 is small to me I can imagine it'd be a lot smaller to him. A 250 though is a nice size.

why not man up and buy a cr500? not "MUCH" more power then the 250's lol!!

JK.. you will never start it seeing your like 150lbs lol..

a 250 will be best for you.

ive ridden a cr 500 but i never got on the pipe, but i found an rm250 with procurcit pipe brand new bars,chain, clutch,and sprockets, and i comes with a stand boots and repair manule, for 800 bucks i dont think i could go wrong, plus i love the powervalve cylinders

i looked at a yzf yesterday it was ridden too hard for the price the kid wanted, i still am going to look at that 250 but my uncle said i could buy his cr 500 off him, the 500 hasa weighted fly wheel, procurcit pipe, and its really clean, its a race bike turned into a trail bike. i think i might go for the 500 what you guys think?

Dam Rights go with the cr500 i had one when i was 15 Real nice bike and you will NEVER need more power. B4 that when i was 14 i had a 77 yz400 (on my youtube page.)
(BUt i find the cr500 over heated on trail Rides.. what did he do to it to make it a Trail bike?

Make sure you Can Cold start the Bike B4 you buy it, some of them can be a Bitch to start.

Last edited:
I'd get the cr500 but really it might be to much for tight trails, but that all depends on how the power comes on

I'd get the cr500 but really it might be to much for tight trails, but that all depends on how the power comes on

the one i had, had a power band of a 4 stroke , not like the Crazy one of a 2 stroke. But it got REAL hot on Trails.

i had it more less for a hillclimber , 70 or so hp got her going nice.

o ya.. if you buy one get any year newer than 1990 Trust me ,first year of the new Clutch configuration&All engine parts are interchangeable from 1990 to 2001 ,they have much better power then the ones from the 80's

Last edited:
also depends on riding style and where you ride... a 250 2smoke even geared low is hard to handle on tight trails even for an experienced rider. woods a 125 will treat you better. if you want something to hurt ya like i always do then go for a 250... either way you cant go wrong with a yamaha or suzuki!... i had a ktm 125 and it was BEAST! i loved that thing! and i've rode a kx500! now thats a real bike <3 haha.

I once rode a KDX 200 and thought it was perfect for trails.....
Light, torquey, and tractable.......plus it had lights...and a stronger
stator for additional add ons....
They are slightly soft sprung.....but nothing a trip to E-Bay couldn't fix...
find one and test ride it......

Jebby

Latest posts

Back