Youth racing atv's?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentucky warrior

Reaction score
Wondering if anybody could tell me some real good 80-90cc racing quads? I really like the apex but it seems that all of them are in Florida. Is apex and DRR taking over the youth racing or can I make a raptor run with them without sinking a ton of money in it?

Take a blaster and put a yz80 engine swap into it. Would make a sweet youth race quad.

I agree it would but my son is only 8 and hasn't mastered using the clutch yet, and wouldprobably have a hard time finding a place that would let him race it!

The Suzuki LT80's can be made to really haul ass, and their really good kids quads. If not the best!!
It's also has a centrifugal clutch.

Last edited:
Yupp, DDR seems to be the go to for youth racing stuff. That or Polaris 90's. LT80's are making a huge following too, that is if you can find a good one to start with. Parts are cheap and easy to get ahold of.

DDR has a ton offered for aftermarket "race parts" I think is why they are the go to.

90cc Raptors any good? Been reading up on little things you can do to make them faster, just hate the thought of buying extended A arms and everything that apex and DDR comes out with stock!

Quadzone has a pretty good youth ATV scene with a lot of dads on there talking it up. You might wanna check it out.

I'm no expert in smallies but sensability would tell me a carb, a cam, and an exhaust. Better flow in, better flow out will make a faster more powerful bike for the least amount of dough. I dunno if they make programmable CDIs for the 80/90 cc or not but that may be another option to look into.

I read up on the cdi boxes and the cheapest route is to find a Yamaha badger cdi and use it since they didn't have a rev limiter. Instead of a new carb would bigger jets be ok or would the new carb make that much difference?

Bigger carb on there will give heaps better flow. Don't forget a filter too.

the lt80 can be made very fast, not a good choice racing unless there is little to no jumps because the engine is the swingarm and when you start jumping them you break cases, i have three lt80's, ported and very fast, but have two broken cases sitting in a pile from bad landings or hitting trees with the back tires

Not what I would invest in if that's the case. Sounds like fun for yard and field riding though. Again, I'm not a Honda man but I think you should research the subject, after all, Honda doesn't make junk..., gulp, omg, I can't believe I just said that.

i jinxed myself posting about the engine cases, my 8yr old was riding today, flagged me down cuz his quad was trailing funny, and well, the pics speak for themselves

SSPX8240_zpsc15852a6.jpg

SSPX8239_zps813d7ecf.jpg

Latest posts

Back