yfz450 shock work

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if they yfz shocks can be shortened. I have the shock conversion kit, but I don't exactly like it so far. If anyone knows what I could do to make the conversion work, that would be nice to save money. It just sits lower and doesn't feel right at the moment.

I can't seem to find any used works at this time. But, do you know much about the shock conversion kit. I have it on and I don't know how to set up the 450s. It seems to be sagging a lot and doesn't handle well :/

I'm still learning alot about suspension myself, it hasn't been a focus of mine in the past. I've also looked at the lowering kit from Diamond J & it looks like it has a couple of height positions right? Just curious what position yours are in? The higher you mount it the lower the stance. Also, I'd venture to say that the Warrior is a good bit more front heavy than a 450 so I'm with Beastly....more preload should help. 450 shocks should work nice on it man.

I'm in the lowest position that will fit the shocks. I'll work on the preload but I don't exactly like how the shocks go just about straight up and down. I just need to try different setting on the shock for now

picture.php
here is one pic. I'll try to get a straight on shot tomorrow.

If you wind the preload on all the way and it still sitting low then the springs are too soft.
Factory yamaha progressive springs tend to make the shock sag alot as soon as you put weight on it. The shocks are good shocks though so if you want to keep them i'd get some dual or tripple rate springs off ebay that match your quad your weight the a-arms your using and the riding you do.
Did this to my 700R and it made the world of difference. best money i ever spent in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back