YFZ450 Body Kit - CHEAP!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote:d16xmyv7]I dont see where it says for a warrior.

Thas what he meant by modify it and try to make it fit the warrior.[/quote:d16xmyv7]

Guess he missed that part, lol.

I'm ordering tomorrow or friday. Take note, you'll need to buy a new seat and modify the mount if your gonna use the YFZ Rear Fender's.

Hmm i see this being a waste of time dude, the plastics are completely diffrent, and nothing will line up right, your not the first person to do this.

a guy i talk to, took theese right off a yfz

fenders3.jpg

fenders2.jpg

fenders.jpg

i think they look better than the miar ones

Those are actually raptor plastics haha, and i know the guy you are talking to.. Kahuna?

But anyway its a waste of time, the fronts will never line up right, the rears mgiht with some serious hacking a bracket making..

Waste of time simply put, if you want racing style plastics, either cut them or buy the racing style from maier.

The fact that they are held on by zip ties and the battery is also held on by zipties is enough to make me like my stock ones.

IMO they look way to huge on there towards the back, kinda like elephant ears.

LOL, I tried to count all the zip ties and kept seeing more....

Bet those things flop in the wind worse than a 90 year old grandma's TaTa's flashing everybody going down the highway. ;D

There's a thing called FI-BER-GLASS that you can buy in a can from any autopart's store that will eliminate the use of ZipTie's and after fiberglassing and some sanding, you would'nt be able to tell they've been cut and no i don't plan on cutting them that much.

haha, ever try to bend that fi-ber-glass stuff? I can't imagine that even sticking to the waxy plastic fenders are made out of, much less when they're getting flexed.

haha, ever try to bend that fi-ber-glass stuff? I can't imagine that even sticking to the waxy plastic fenders are made out of, much less when they're getting flexed.

WTF are you talking about?

The fiberglass has no reason to bend, better yet, what part of the plastic under the seat is actually flexable?

On another note, why the hell would someone make fender's out of wax? Their made from liquid (melt'd) plastic.

You would be surprised how much your frame actually flexes and how much the plastic actually does move.

You can try and fab something up but i will bet you are only wasting your money, your not going to get the desired result.

Bondo is somehwat flexible but when applied to a surface such as plastic i cant see it holding up, this is why you use plastic scrapers to apply the bondo and after a little bit of flexing when dry it falls right off them.

Like i said you can try and im not saying its impossible, but its highly unlikely your ever going to get them to look that good or to hold up to normal riding.

And if your going to be hacking away at these plastics why not go used, buying new is kinda pointless to me espeically when you might not even use them.... 250 dollars is a nice chunk of change.

i say go for it, and i hope they look just like the ones in the pic i posted, just a little cleaner.....you know yeah it is on with zip ties but i still think they look better than maier, maier looks too skinny and nothing like a yfz

Back