yfz450 advise needed

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fayt926

Reaction score
Well guys I now own a yfz450 it kinda beat up but I got a killer deal"I think"but the more I get into it the worse it gets. I was told it needed a stator and one way for starter well after digging in it broke the 6 bolts that hold the fly wheel to the starter one way and the bolt heads destructed the stator so before I dump money into this thing is there any thing I should check I think I got ripped

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363915228313.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363915228313.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 35
It's got some good parts acobis over size tank moose nerfs with pegs heel guards pro taper fat bars damn twist throttle Asv levers
desert bumper

Last edited:
What year is it and what mods are done? How did the bolts get broke and can you get them out? You might need another flywheel. The bolts are countersunk in the flywheel. As long as it has good compression should be alright. Pre '07's need to have the oiling issue addressed.

Its a 04 got good comp from what I can tell I don't know what's done to the motor stock exhausts it looks like it just sheared the bolts off I haven't pulled the flywheel yet the wiring is all rugged up

04 is a 439cc, they went with a longer stroke in 06 and better head design and swinger. What do you mean about the wiring? By the carb? They have a TPS and the TORS system. A lot of people bypass that ****. If it has stock exhaust, prolly don' have any mods, maybe the cam mod.

IM looking at them now and I beloved there stock they ha e nice Houser stickers on them ha

If you haven't and don't need to, don't remove the starter gear from the back of the flywheel. I f the pins come out of the one way bearing, they are a bitch to get back in. Just get new oem bolts from partzilla.com or wherever and use locktite on them.

I don't think I'll keep it I just bought the 250r and the wife is on my case really just want to get it running and sell or part out

Latest posts

Back