YFZ shocks

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meathead

Reaction score
Will YFZ front shocks fit a warrior? A friend said he was pretty sure that they would. I know that Banshee fronts will fit, and he says that YFZ fronts will fit a Banshee, so does anybody know for sure that YFZ will fit a Warrior? Also, any good fits for the rear on a Warrior besides the '01 Raptor?

Thanks for the answer. Doesn't sound too hard to make them fit. Maybe for my next mod.

meathead said:
Thanks for the answer. Doesn't sound too hard to make them fit. Maybe for my next mod.

Yeah for sure, I know if I could find a decent set of those shocks at a fair price in my area I'd be doing that mod.

Also from looking around it seems if you have wicked +3's yfz shocks will bolt up with zero modification.

Why do you always bash this idea of Yfz shocks?? If the mount is cut just a bit and the shocks isnt compressed and putting stress on the ball joints what would be the problem? Is there sometime im not seeing

97warriorrider said:
Why do you always bash this idea of Yfz shocks?? If the mount is cut just a bit and the shocks isnt compressed and putting stress on the ball joints what would be the problem? Is there sometime im not seeing

Think about this for a moment. The yfz shocks have a couple inches more travel than the stock shocks. Unless you do something to increase the travel of the rest of your front suspension you're going to be bottoming out on your ball joints instead of the bump stops like the system is designed. Bottoming out on ball joints = good way to have a bad day.

But if you modify the top bracket the shock wont be compresed so it wont be puting stress on you balljoints.

No, you didn't read what I wrote. If you modify your mounts, then yes, that eliminates the problem of the ball joints getting stressed when the suspension is fully extended. That still does nothing to prevent the ball joints from being forced past their limits when the suspension compresses all the way. The yfz shocks can let the suspension travel to the point that those ball joints bind up and break unless you can do something to modify the bump stops on the shock so it bumps out before the ball joints reach their limits.

Latest posts

Back