Yfz brakes quick question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PineyPower

Reaction score
I know alot of people are running yfz450 front calipers, do you need to also change out the master? Also any particular year yfz to look for or is it obe of those things they never changed?

Sweet. Related note, any reason besides weight savings to switch to yfz spindles?

Looking closely at pictures it seems they moved the steering arm part of the knuckle down a bit between the older and newer 450's and both lower still than the warrior.im guessing this has an effect on bump steer? Pics for referenceScreenshot_20240416-064216_Ecosia.jpgScreenshot_20240416-064314_Ecosia.jpgScreenshot_20240416-065014_Ecosia.jpg

Looking closely at pictures it seems they moved the steering arm part of the knuckle down a bit between the older and newer 450's and both lower still than the warrior.im guessing this has an effect on bump steer? Pics for referenceView attachment 5534View attachment 5533View attachment 5532
Weston shared that the tierod arm is longer on the efi models and suggested those are better for the warrior so as soon as I find a reasonable priced set imma get them and see how they work with westons arms

Arm further out also means less steering angle at the wheel and slower steering speed, but should also be easier to turn. Thinking it might be a matter of preference unless the measurements say otherwise.
Also, this thread evolved waaay past my brake question which is super cool, but a mod might want to change the thread title lol

Looking closely at pictures it seems they moved the steering arm part of the knuckle down a bit between the older and newer 450's and both lower still than the warrior.im guessing this has an effect on bump steer? Pics for referenceView attachment 5534View attachment 5533View attachment 5532
Yes it would and that is the problem I have with them yet. I don't know yet where these make the tie rods land in relation to the instant center. If they're way off the bump steer will be horrible.

If I remember right the stock set up has that goofy Akerman angle where the outer wheel turns tighter thab the inner. Trying to correct that might mean better front end grip and a better turn-in, but im pretty sure at least for drift cars they prefer the backwards Akerman to get better grip when countersteering. I guess the real question as far as steering geometry goes is what's best for a quad?

If I remember right the stock set up has that goofy Akerman angle where the outer wheel turns tighter thab the inner. Trying to correct that might mean better front end grip and a better turn-in, but im pretty sure at least for drift cars they prefer the backwards Akerman to get better grip when countersteering. I guess the real question as far as steering geometry goes is what's best for a quad?
Hm I don't remember having that issue. The amount of ideal Ackerman changes by the width, wheelbase and speed.

Latest posts

Back