YFZ 450 parts??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedro6767

Reaction score
Anyone tried to put a yfz bumper on a raptor 350? more specifically the GYT-R one that is on the Bill Balllance edition.
I also understand that the pegs on the rap350 were taken off the yfz, so does that mean pegs for yfz and raptor 350 are interchangable. Furthermore, would nerf bars with pegs built in made for a yfz fit on the rap350?

I think that you would need to make a bracket for the ballance edition bumper. The pegs, idk, but i would think they would work. And i doubt nerf bars would be interchangable.

There are more nerf pegs available for the yfz but for the most part i was just curious to see if anyone has tried it considering the pegs are the same. Im leaning towards the pro armor nerfs now.

I don't think the pegs are the same as the yfz. I know the design is based on the yfz's, but since the raptor's shifter attaches to the footpeg, it'll be a different part.

For an easy mod on the pegs just get a second set of warrior pegs and cut the mounts off. You can then make extra wide pegs by bolting the second pair on the already mounted ones. Much cheaper than buying any others!!!

i got welding class this semester so ill just rig up an attachment. im also gonna try making a bumper and grab bar as well

Remember to heat treat the pegs after welding them, the metal will soften after being welded. Right after you weld them drop them in a bucket of ice water. If you want them really strong heat them in a heat treating oven afterwards and do the same over again. That will eliminate the flex in them and possibly even make them much stronger than stock if you do it twice. You'll definately want to heat treat them once though to avoid bending due to your weight on them.

Remember to heat treat the pegs after welding them, the metal will soften after being welded. Right after you weld them drop them in a bucket of ice water. If you want them really strong heat them in a heat treating oven afterwards and do the same over again. That will eliminate the flex in them and possibly even make them much stronger than stock if you do it twice. You'll definately want to heat treat them once though to avoid bending due to your weight on them.
WHAT??

WHAT???????????

All that will do is make them BRITTLE.

Post that quenching question over here Hobart welding board And watch the laughs commence.

1. a weld is STRONGER than the parent metal.
2. Heat quenching a weld creates stress cracks due to the differening cooling rates.
3. Proper weldments would be FINE assuming the proper process.

If the pegs ARE heat treated, you WILL have a hard time getting a good weld...And you'll know as soon as you start the bead.

Water quenching is fine for blacksmithing...but not for welding.

thats pretty much the basics. we learned about all that stuff in grade 9 im only in grade ten but i took grade 10 welding already this year and now im in grade 11 i have gotten alot better in a hurry

It worked great for my shifter, it's taking a beating with no cracks or breaks.

It worked great for my shifter, it's taking a beating with no cracks or breaks.
And that shifter sees the dynamic loading of your full weight too?

You have to see that it's much thinner and gets the **** kicked out of it. I've landed on it pretty hard quite a few times now...

Back