Yes YZF Shocks do fit....(some mods required)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorcliff77

Reaction score
Just thought i'd post up a few pics of my YZF shocks and fabbed up heel guards.

All that is required is to relocate the upper shock mount holes about 1/2 an inch, then notch out the lower a arm. (Same as the Raptor 660 mod)

e9303b3a.jpg

Here's my fabbed up heel guards:
e9303bc4.jpg

e9303b7f.jpg

e9303c45.jpg

Here's what i mean by notch out the lower a arm.
e92f5daa.jpg

BTW: by relocated the upper holes, my shocks are NOT compressed at all, thereby not putting any stress on the balljoints and tierods.

To notch it out i used a die grinder. Yes after drilling the new holes you have to grind off the tabs. (meaning you can no longer use stock length warrior shocks.)

so you cut off the upper mount and made new brackets or wht??? and also woudl you recomend it does it handle a lot better or what?? let me know

Kawfox9: I did not have to make new brackets. I just drilled NEW holes higher up and inward a tad. Then ground off the "excess" tabs(where the original holes where.)
It handles A WHOLE LOT better than the stockers. I paid 250.00 canadian for these shocks which had very little time on them. Plus having the adjustability of compression and rebound is sweet.

ohhhhh now i see..haha sorry yah my friend has a yfz and set the shocks for his weight ( i weigh the same as him) and man can you charge the woops and not even get tired it is great!!!

^ yeah that would be nice..i might do this is i keep it..it looks awesome with the blue anodized rezzies..but why dont u just get works or something..if it really handles that much better i might do this except for the fact that u have to cut the mount and cant run the stock shocks

97Warriorrider: I paid 250 canadian for these, Works with dual rate springs, rezzies and rebound/compression setting would be a heck of alot more. Plus i've ridden a few other quads with Works and i wasn't impressed.

As far as the stock shock issue, prior to having these shocks on, i had a set of Rappy 660 shocks. (this is where i did the initial upper mount mod) as they are longer than the stockers, and just about the same length as the yfz shocks(a tad shorter) The lower a-arm mod is required due to the thicker mount on the yfz shock.

As for the blue anodized rezzies: took my favorite tool: (die grinder) with a 3M scour pad, smoothed em out and painted them with Duplicolour Anodizing paint. (8 bucks a can), 3 coats.

Very easy to do the lower a-arm:
Drill a 1/2 inch hole in the middle , the use a die grinder and carbide bit to hog out the square:

e92c32de.jpg

Back