yamaha's 500 twin!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bickel76

Reaction score
has anyone read about this motor? it's in this months edition of ATV Action. 80 horses, v-twin, 5 valves per cylinder. they say the motor is ready to be dropped into an atv. supposedly it is an extremely high revving motor and finally materials and machining processes have finally advanced enough to make it affordable. here is one thing that i think most of you guys wont like. yep, you guessed it, it's CVT. but damn 80hp, electric start and reverse might make up for it. i guess we will see if there will be a banshee2 out in maybe mid year or '08.

I don't think they would re-release the Banshee and a CVT 4-stroke. That would be like making a front wheel drive vette.

maybe they're going after the kfx and can am?

80 hp might just be too much for a yfz frame. i think manufacturers must meet a requirement regarding what the bike can do. 80 hp can do a lot for those idiots out there!!

to us its never enough haha

i wouldnt think that they should name it the banshee, but they kept on saying banshee in the article.

All snowmobiles are cvt and a quad cant touch the performance of any sled I dont care whos riding it! cvts are easier and better so what if you have to replace a belt every season. as long as they figure a way to seal it tight and still keep it cool it will be bad ass!!!

Just so you know that motor your talking about is in the 07 phazer snowmobile and it was a 500 2 stroke long ago and now its a 500 4 stroke so I wouldnt doubt theyd name a 4 stroke the banshee cuz its been done already!

By the way that motor doesnt have to be cvt all they have to do is build a quad transmission for it and its golden

[quote author=adam4by4 board=general thread=1155203405 post=1155247638]All snowmobiles are cvt and a quad cant touch the performance of any sled I dont care whos riding it! cvts are easier and better so what if you have to replace a belt every season. as long as they figure a way to seal it tight and still keep it cool it will be bad ass!!!

If its a CVT that will give me an excuse to buy one. Dont mind shifting but I have alot more fun on my sled partly because I never have to shift and the CVT is 100% predictable and consistent.

Latest posts

Back