yamaha warrior rebuild part 2!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
always a nice feeling when it runs again... mines been in pieces for a few weeks now waiting on parts.. every time I pill something apart to clean it it needs new bearings etc :p

hope yours sounds better in person than the video makes it sound.. sounds like its ticking :p

always a nice feeling when it runs again... mines been in pieces for a few weeks now waiting on parts.. every time I pill something apart to clean it it needs new bearings etc :p

hope yours sounds better in person than the video makes it sound.. sounds like its ticking :p

i didnt hear a ticking??. it has a aftermarket proformance muffer on it tho..? it doesnt seem to be as loud as it used to be tho lol. nd i know the feeling this bike was in pieces for a few weeks also

Video is notorious for distorting sound especially in a closed space because of the pressure from the exhaust max's the mic out... if you cant hear it in person im sure its not there

sounds like a slight ticking might have to adjust the valves a little or check to see where they are at with a feeler gauge

sounds like a slight ticking might have to adjust the valves a little or check to see where they are at with a feeler gauge

i dont have a feeler gauge and not really sure on how to do the valve. and come to think of it im not sure how this started.. lol i just remember i forgot to pull the choke open

well I guess if you don't hear any ticking when it's running then all is good. Did you loosen the oil check bolt to make sure oil is getting to the head?

well I guess if you don't hear any ticking when it's running then all is good. Did you loosen the oil check bolt to make sure oil is getting to the head?

no? where is it?, i know when it frist started there was a lil bit of smoke from the top end (not sure where it came from) or if it just came from the header due to it was sittin for a bit. or if it was just the new piston

just loosen it a little and start it and let idle oil should start seeping out after no longer than a minute if oil seeps out its all good if not after a minute or longer then there is a problem

2012-05-04194435.jpg

did you try it? just be careful and don't over tighten the bolt cause it is hollow like the brake line bolts and can break easy

And to tell u all the truth lol i think everything i did was pointless. Seeing how when i try to start it.. it did the same thing as before.. nd all i had to do was give it gas.

So thats proly what i had to do alll along

Well that was a waste of all my money!!! Just took it out got right to the trail.. And the f-ing bike stopped working again!!! Like wtf. When i try to start it it does the same thing as before.. Just spins! Some time when i give it gas it makes a pop sound from the muffler tho?

sounds like you need to clean the carb, actually in your first video didn't you show a rip on the intake boot? If you didn't fix that then that IS your issue.. also you keep trying to start it by hitting the button for half a second.. I have never seen anything start that easily lol

Also it wasn't a waist of money, now you know its all perfect up top and it wont leak etc.. plus you would of gained back the power lost due to wear on the piston/rings

Last edited:
sounds like you have a stator that is on it's way to being replaced
that's the exact thing that was happening to my 92 before I swapped the motor into my 02 and used the 02's stator and flywheel it would run great for awhile and then out of the blue just die and wouldn't start for like another hour or more

sounds like you have a stator that is on it's way to being replaced
that's the exact thing that was happening to my 92 before I swapped the motor into my 02 and used the 02's stator and flywheel it would run great for awhile and then out of the blue just die and wouldn't start for like another hour or more

i took it apart thinking the timing jumped and found out the camshaft is broken..?

sounds like you need to clean the carb, actually in your first video didn't you show a rip on the intake boot? If you didn't fix that then that IS your issue.. also you keep trying to start it by hitting the button for half a second.. I have never seen anything start that easily lol

Also it wasn't a waist of money, now you know its all perfect up top and it wont leak etc.. plus you would of gained back the power lost due to wear on the piston/rings

i fixed the intake manifold for now, and i dont hold it for a second lol i hold it longer then that. and your not supposed to hold it for no 1min as its bad for the starter. the carb was clean also. i found out the camshaft is broken tho?

are you gonna replace it?

not sure.. a camshaft is a lil out of my hands i think (and i think it would be hard to take that part off?). its supposed to have a stage 2 hot cam in it already nd they are $200. but the cheapest camshaft i found on ebay is $110.

ill rather just sell the bike tho lol im not made of money

Back