Yamaha Warrior 460

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryder133

Reaction score
Hey guys remember me?

I have been throwing it around my head, Thinking about rebuilding my Warrior with CWR's 460cc big bore kit. I'am just looking for some comments on a this build. Like what other parts like a carburetor and camshafts I should get with the build. How do you think the reliably would be? and what kind of fuel would I use in a monster like that? Also how much would it be costing me in the end? I can see spending a little over a $1000

Anyways tell me what cha' think.

I think those are all good question for Greg, man. I can't give advice on fuel b/c I really have no idea what the compression ratio is, I suspect that he Prolly kept it in pump gas range. Reliability....I'm sure it's fine man but keep in mind that with a longer stroke, the piston speed increases & so does heat & wear. It won't have the long life of a stocker but I wouldn't sweat that too much. Cam is Prolly gonna be big man, it's gonna take some size to feed it & remember that a cam that would be wild in a stock engine Will be tamed quite a bit in a larger engine, size soaks up the angry temperment of a larger cam.

Back