Yamaha Warrior 350 build...Need help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so I really need some serious help. I just bought a warrior frame with tires, shocks, wires, handle bars, and I think thats it so basically its a rolling chasis pretty much. I never built an atv before and I really want to do but I am going to need help pretty much every step of the way. I am purchasing a yz600 motor from a motorcycle, and I believe it comes with the transmission too. I was wondering would that fit and exactly what else would I need? Like I need to know everything that I need, any help is well needed, Thank You

to do a custom build like that swapping for a different motor you will need alot a fabricating skills and a welder to make custom parts!!!for example custom exhaust motor mounts maybe even modifying the frame to fit the new motor custom throttle and clutch cables and much more

First of....Welcome to the site. Secondly, Good luck! Going from a no ATV re-build back round to a whole engine swapped monster quad, your gunna need it. Ain't nothing like jumping in head first I guess. If you were going to do a regular warrior rebuild I would of suggested buying the Clymer manual and going through it section by section and also hopping on here to search out the hundreds of pages regarding such topics. BUT, since your doing a monster build, Its going to be a huge learning process so GOOD LUCK!

I can almost guarantee that your are going to need to mod the upper frame rails to fit that new engine. Also hope you got all the wires, tank, and any other parts you might need to get that engine running. Plus engine like that tend to not allow for a comfortable woods ride due to there weight and pipe routing (exhaust run down and under the engine do they it real close to the ground) Ive seen them swapped before but I have never seen anyone run them offroad. There are firsts for everything so, If you do be sure to keep us all in the loop. Id for sure be interested to see how it all works out.

yeah i hate to burst your bubble but you gotta learn to play "smoke on the water" before you can play "freebird"..... my suggestion to you would to continue to look for more warriors of the same year range.... if you look long and hard enough you should be able to come up with a few for not a lot of money.... once you have about 3, youll have enough good parts to build one standard warrior.... that in itself will be hard enough....

you can still try your frankenstien warrior if you like but your going to run into issues and have questions that we simply arent going to know the answer to.... by the way i would hope the engine you are looking to buy comes with a transmission, because i dont believe i have ever seen a bike motor that didnt (they are all one peice)

good luck... either way, we'll be here

Thanks for everyones help, I think that I'm not going to go with the yz600 motor. Does anyone know where I could find a 350 motor anywhere. Using the motorcycle motor is going to be too much work, so I am now looking for a motor for the 350 any suggestions, I am also going to need help with building it still though

well ebay if you want a used one that you really dont know what shape it is in, or if you are planning on buying a used one and rebuilding it. there were a few on here in the classified, but i dont know if they are no longer avalible. but you should get a lot of help if you decide to build one, look at past threads also if you have questions, such as what camshaft you should pick, etc.

but if you want to get a used one to drop right in, you have to be very careful, and there are still no garentees that it will be perfect. but let us know what way you want to go with a 350 engine.

I wouldnt mind getting a cheap used one and rebuilding it, also what other larger size motor can I put in it that I wont have to do any welding or anything like that.

you can build the stock motor up to a 446 but i think the warrior motor is the only direct bolt in... if you want to spend the money four stroke tech makes that 446 stroker motor but it all depends on what u wanna spend on how big you go

Hope on Fleabay and Criagslist. Them when you get all the parts you need......back search this site for any basic questions!

Back